First 1000 plus other stuff

Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
edited September 2004 in Folding@Home
Well I have hit my first 1000 points, YEAAA no I won't be posting everytime I hit another 1000.. 10000 maybe... LOL..

anyway I am just glad that I can help out, I now have two machines running it both at home.. the work computers all 350 of them will not run it for some reason. keeps ending up as NOT Respoding everytime. :bawling:

but the 2 at home work fine and am building a 3rd now.

also I was looking at the stats page and it jsut amazes me how many inactive folders there are... I mean theres nothing to do but let it run in the back ground.. oh well.
I am moving up, soon will have 3 puters running it,
and am gonna work on the Systems here at work to find out why they wont run it.. I would love having 350 computers running this...

Point HOG.... yep thats me... :):)

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2004
    What do you mean by not responding? Is the file not executing? Is it not able to download a WU or core?

Ports 80 and 8080 might need to be opened up if possible. I know TBonZ has to download the core from somewhere else besides stanford because of his firewall.
  • Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
    edited September 2004
    it loads the program fine. opens it up and starts the download. then all of sudden it starts flashing on and off. then goes to not responding I opened the ports thru the firewall to make sure and it still did that....
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Are they firewalled?
    Meantime may we see a client.cfg file?
  • edited September 2004
    Also, what version are you loading, the console client or the gui version, LN?
    edited September 2004
    AM using the Graphical for XP 5.02
    heres the config file

[settings]
    username=Lord_Night
    team=93
    asknet=no
    bigpackets=no
    machineid=1

[http]
    active=no
    host=localhost
    port=8080
    usereg=yes
    proxy_name=
    proxy_passwd=

[graphics]
    drawgap=125
    drawtitle=1
    saver_mode_enabled=0
    saver_runs_core=0
    saver_idle_minutes=1
    drawlogos=0
    logourl=
    subtitle=
    drawmode=1

[core]
    priority=0
    cpuusage=100
    disableassembly=no
    checkpoint=15
    ignoredeadlines=no

[power]
    battery=no
    edited September 2004
    Okkkk well loaded it again.. only this time it seems to be running as long as I don't open the graphics window, I have opened it a few times just to look then closed it real quick seems to be running ok, we will see as I leave it running for the two days Im off.

Qeustion? this Folding Program stays running even when the screen saver and log in screen are in effect right... if not I need to change a few things then.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2004
    No they dont stay running when someone logs out. Dump the GUI and get the console. When you start it up for the first time it will ask if you want to run it as a service. Say yes and you will never have to see it again. You can use EM3 to monitor it then.
  • edited September 2004
    I agree with Marc about using the console version and setting it up as a service. That way you won't have to muck with it at all and don't have to worry about incompatibilities with the graphics drivers.
    edited September 2004
    kewl will get teh other oen then and dump the gui......

thanks all

oh yea.. whats EM3
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    em3 is a client monitor ...check out my last post to enesada here for a few pics and a very brief description.