to many 0's

PressXPressX Working! New
edited September 2004 in Folding@Home
Browsing through the stats and noticed a lot of SM team members who have not produced much lately. Is it worth sending them a reminder or a prompt to see how there are? Perhaps just a forum email telling them about the new look forum and "btw how's the folding going?" type thing?

Maybe a newsletter telling everyone about the new client that runs as a service with little effort? Or maybe a prize for the most work units from a single PC in the next week - I would sponsor the prize - perhaps a usb flash drive? Lightweight to post but nice enough to want.

Just a thought...

Marcus
:welshflag

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    We had talked about prizes, but I think that it got lost in the 'back to school' crunch.
    There are others of us that would be willing to supply some wonderful items (need a cheese head?) if we could figure out how to get a bang for our buck.
    I could even see a prize only for those that had dropped out, and then came back. But it would need to be based on their production for a month. To make sure that they were really back.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    The Folding Pineapple is ready for departure. I'm sending it to Vicodin first since it was sort of his idea, but he can send it on as required.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    what ever happened to the 1337 processor? :wtf:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    no clue!
  • edited September 2004
    Until I can afford to contribute to my sisters electrical bill my folding has been put on hiatus until further notice. Sorry guys but she can ill afford to pay for my computer to be running 24-7 under full load.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited September 2004
    edcentric wrote:
    (need a cheese head?)

OMFG! I never noticed you were from the land of nothing with a few cows thrown in, too! :D I'm about an hour away from you, lol. Ever hear of Waldo, Sheboygan Falls, or even Sheboygan?

(btw, I've been meaning to get back into folding ... i don't really have much of an excuse. Mainly I stopped cuz my computer was fscking up too much, but all's well now. I think I should at least sometimes anyway, doesn't hurt :) though at night i'm not sure I could ... thermally controlled cpu fan gets loud lol)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2004
    what ever happened to the 1337 processor? :wtf:

I have it sitting next to me. Still not sure what I should put in it.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    I have it sitting next to me. Still not sure what I should put in it.
    When you phrase it like that you are bound to get a few suggestions... :vimp:

How about the mail, once you complete the next auction. :)
    edited September 2004
    I mean everyone that gets it puts something in the box. Not sure what I am going to put in the box.
    edited September 2004
    Put a corn husk in there! Hell, put anything in there! It's been with you since JULY YOU FREAKING SLACKER :grumble: :shakehead

;D
  • edited September 2004
    Drive down and kick his butt, prime! ;D

Sort of jump-start his ass for him!;D:D
    edited September 2004
    I should have said:

"I'LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO PUT IN THE BOX, YOU F@I@#@#*$#& WRESTLER/FARMER"
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Wait a minute...let me see if I have this right. People who started folding have stopped? You can do that ? You mean there is a cure for this addiction? Or do you have to quit cold turkey ?
    The Patch ?
    I just keep adding more machines......I have it bad.
    If Stanford looked for a cure for folding addiction....nope bad idea, counter productive. ( "Folding for a cure for folding")

Help a brother out , I got a monkey on my back.

:smokin:

Scott
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2004
    scott wrote:
    ...Help a brother out , I got a monkey on my back.

:smokin:

Scott
    The only known treatment is to add another computer. Works for me everytime. :)

Excuse me while I go check on some of my family members. Someone is taking an awfully long lunch break... :rolleyes:
    edited September 2004
    Put a corn husk in there! Hell, put anything in there! It's been with you since JULY YOU FREAKING SLACKER :grumble: :shakehead

;D

Thats a pretty good idea. Corn is about to be picked sometime here now so it will be dry and hard.:)
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Hey Prof

look in your rear view mirror...I'm a couple days from overtaking you.

Scott
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited September 2004
    What is the 1337 processor? Something's telling me it isn't all that great. ;D P3? Low-end athlon of some type?

Mmonnin, if you've had the processor for so long, why did you never build a folding rig with it? All this time I always thought it was folding somehwere.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    You grossly overestimate. It's a Pentium 1.
    edited September 2004
    The 1337 processor is a magic thing. It travels around the world, being sold to various short-media members for the low, low price of $15.

Whenever a new person buys it, they add their own personal item to the box, sign a paper, and maybe post a pic with it. Then they sell it again to somebody else.

The money goes into the SMx fund (to build folding computers)

In the box are all kinds of things.... Snow from Edmonton, a story penned by a great bard, various stickers, some CDs, all kinds of crap. Each little thing is from a different part of the world.

MMONNINNONNINNIN has it held hostage in freaky OHIO since JULY :hrm:
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited September 2004
    ;D Ah, I see. the processor is not 1337, but the stuff that goes along with it is. :thumbsup:
    edited September 2004
    Oh it IS 1337. Verry 1337. Infact there is some 1337 RAM out there somewhere as well and maybe, just maybe, it will be paired up with teh 1337 proc and it could fold a WU or 2. If they still work after traveling all around the world.

Continue 1337 Proc discussion here:
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?p=187281#post187281
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited September 2004
    Just for the hell of it, i typed "1337 processor" into a google search bar to see what it would bring.

Guess who's on top, hehehe.
  • redoulentredoulent Michigan
    edited September 2004
    I have a 256KB module layin around!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    attachment.php?attachmentid=8111

1337 memory.