QCH2002 - Power Outage

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Folding@Home
Well.... Work has scheduled a major power outage for Saturday (08/02/2003) that will last over 8 hours. That means 5 of my CPU's will go down for the weekend!!!! There goes my points... again! :banghead:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    You've been having more than your share of bad luck with the electric situation. :rolleyes2

Take 'em home with you for the weekend!

Prof
    (Or get a really long extension cord...):tongue:
    :fold::fold::fold:
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Ouch,

I dont like it when one or two of my machines are off when I get in of a monday morning. I would hate it if I knew ALL of them where going to be off all weekend. That would kill me. :thumbsdow
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Sucks man. Go in early and turn them all back on.;)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Well.... Power gets cut at 7:00 am (1300 GMT) until sometime after 5:00 pm (2300 GMT). Then I cannot get in until 7:00 AM on Monday (since I live fairly far away from work). UGGGG. 48 hrs of lost WU!!!! Humanity may fail with out my WU's. Sorry guys.... I let you down.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    Hey, you haven't let anyone down. You're doing a great thing for the team and the project, so just keep that in mind. Maybe your job let you down, but at least they let you run the program at work. I worked for a computer company that wouldn't let us Fold at work, despite the fact that every tech there concurred that it wouldn't be a problem. It was a small company, but there must have been a total of thirty computers there. They also thought that one dial-up connection was more than ample for six techs to share, which didn't quite cut it when you had to download drivers for someone's old Packard Bell while five other guys were trying to check out an FCC ID #, dl service packs, etc. (Not to mention the "bible music" :tongue: ) I actually downloaded every Compaq Softpaq at home on my cable modem and burned them on to 20 CD's.

I think by Monday you'll be feeling better. :thumbsup::fold:

Prof
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    set the bios to auto power up the system at whatever time.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Unfortunately, I work at a VERY secure site, and I have to login. I seem to have problems running the FireDeamon Service (Performance).... Oh well. I'm up and running yet again. Didn't lose any ground either... huh?
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    At least your up an running again. Thats the main thing :thumbsup: