1 year folding and... Thanks !

scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
edited September 2004 in Folding@Home
Today concludes my first year of folding. I started with three rigs folding and I am now up to 9. I am really hooked.
On my first visit to the forum last year I was having a little problem with my new computer. It was not a problem really just noob ignorance on my part. I was promptly set straight in a very courteous and friendly manner. I was very impressed with the demeanor and professional attitude of all who helped. ( with the proper amount of humor and sarcasm mixed in )
In the year that followed I have been reading and posting regularly . I can’t believe how much I have learned in this time. I have built several machines since then , all running good on a wired network. I’ve even learned how to slipstream service packs with os’s and driver files. I even have a watercooled rig. And everything that can be OC’d is ! Things I would not have dreamed of doing a year ago. I have had some problems here and there but have been able to troubleshoot my way through most of it. And when I couldn’t ,all of you have got me through it. I feel pretty comfortable in the hardware arena now , but still have a lot to do in the software world. The good thing is I know I have a place to go for answers to my questions. Short-Media is an awesome resource , made up of some really great people ! Many Many thanks to all of you !

I have poked around on some other forums and none of them have the friendly community spirit seen here at the best Forum on the net. Short-Media Rocks !

Just thought I would say thanks for all you guys have done for me. It is appreciated !

Respectfully

Scott
In Ohio ( not a wrestler or a farmer )
Folding for a cure with team 93

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Scott - you're breaking the mold. Please say you at least have a garden, or that you've tussled with friends or something....

:D

Thanks for the kind words. This truly is the best community I've ever experienced on the web, and I am very proud to be a part of it :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Great post, Scott. It's folks like you that make S-M what it is.

The same goes for you, prime, even though you've got some very strange notions about Ohioans.
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Ain't it a cool place? I'm here to stay for all the reasons you put so very eloquently.
    edited September 2004
    Hey, I formulated my hypthesis along with a native Ohioan! There's got to be SOME truth to that! ;D
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Sorry Prime
    no garden and rarley any tussels. (Being in the Firearms business....most folks are very polite :) ) No mold here.
    edited September 2004
    you've ruined my illusions about ohio... :(
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2004
    you've ruined my illusions about ohio... :(
    Steady, Hoss. Life has its disappointments along with its pleasures. :vimp:

Scott, besides being a terrific member of our team (even though you just had to go and pass me...) you have been an outstanding member of the S-M Forums as well. You've certainly given back as much as you received. Congrats on your S-M Anniversary. :)
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Thanks Prof ! That means a lot.

Now what are we gonna do about Prime ?
  • edited September 2004
    Send him a pitchfork and a book of wrestling moves.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2004
    scott wrote:
    ...Now what are we gonna do about Prime ?
    Heh heh heh. Just you watch:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2004
    Ha, you were WRONG!;D;D