Help Me Out!

edited February 2007 in Hardware
okay, so i'm trying to just make an audio cd obviously it doesn't work. so i had the bestfriend.scr virus and i got help from someone on this site and he had me delete stuff using HijackThis and I think it somehow deleted something to do with burning a CD cause before this it burned CD's fine. can anyone please help me? please reply back and I can give you any info on my computer(that I know, i don't know too much though).

this is what it says when i try to burn a cd using windows media player: C00D11AB: Cannot burn files to CD

this is what it say when i try to burn a cd using my RealOne player program: E80041899: Write error - buffer underrun occurred - [06/C5/00] & E80041925: TrackWriter error - command retry failed - [T7118]

Comments

• scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Hi Golfgal
    I just googled your error codes and here is what microsoft says

C00D11AB: Cannot copy files to recordable disc
    Windows Media Player cannot copy the selected files to the CD-R or CD-RW disc. To fix the problem, do one or more of the following:
    Clean the disc and ensure that it is not damaged.
    Select a slower recording (write) speed.
    Try a different brand of CD-R or CD-RW disc.
    Quit other programs.

To select a slower recording speed
    On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Devices tab.
    In Devices, double-click the name of the CD-R or CD-RW drive, and then click the Recording tab.
    In the write-speed list, select a slower speed.

I read a couple other post on some forums that google came up with and many have had luck updating media player to the latest version.

Also some of the other folks had this problem start when they got "New" media. Are you using the same media as before ?

Another thing to try would be "unistall" the device in "Device manager" and then click on "scan for hardware changes" and let windows find it and reinstall it.
    Right click my computer.....Properties....Hardware....device manager . Click the plus sign by DVD/CD drives then right click the Burner and click "Uninstall "
    Then at the top click " Action " and then click "scan for hardware changes"

I am assuming you are using XP.

Let us know if this helps

Scott
  • edited September 2004
    okay, i have done all of those things and nothing works, i really doubt it's the cd's i'm using cause i've tried 2 brands (sony CD-R audio 80min and imation CD-R 80min/700mb). can anyone please help me? this really sucks cause i need CD's! oh, and yes i have windows XP and WMP10
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited September 2004
    Does the device manager detect your burner with no issues?

Will it read discs?

Are there any other system issues other than the burner?
  • edited September 2004
    thats the weird thing, nothing eles is wrong, it does detect cd's, and the device manager does detect it but i just can't burn cd's, and i just made a cd like 2 or 3 weeks ago with one of the imation cd's but now those don't work
  • edited October 2006
    Having the same problem, tried everything!!!

I have been told that there may be a problem with registry???

Gone to regedit but don't know what to do!!

Can anyone help???
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Try using a 3rd party program like Nero or sonic....

Nero: http://www.download.com/Nero-7-Ultra-Edition/3000-2646_4-10582585.html?tag=lst-0-2
  • edited October 2006
    Tried this, With nero6 the disc just never closed and had to end program. With nero 7 it just fails

arrggggg!!!!!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    perhaps removing the disk drive's drivers from the system and having it reinstall would help?
  • edited October 2006
    Still no joy!

I have too drives and this message happens on both of them.

I can't understand how I can burn one day and then the next day nothing, no updates or anything.

could it have something to memory? As in when burning files they are converted and then burned onto the disc, do the converted files save somewhere and this foler could be full.

The only reason I think this is that sometimes 1 track is burned, sometimes up to 4, then the disc is just closed and the error message appears.

Heeeeeeeeeellllllllllllppppppppppppppppp!
  • edited October 2006
    grey, I'm not sure about your problem...as for some of the rest of you. I've had multiple people complain about strange cd drive happening and found a fix to be right click on the drive>properties>recording> make sure the drive is enabled to record. I think something may be going around that can turn this check off and is causing a lot of trouble.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Everyone with this issue, please try this.

Go here and download the GUIDED HELP TOOL. Run that tool, reboot, and try burning again.
  • edited February 2007
    Hi Thrax

Thanx for that, result.....
    Resolve CD access problems

the upper filters and lower filters registry values that can cause cd access problems does not exist on your computer. Clik help and support on the Start Menu for additional support options for this issue.

!!!!!Er....you can imagine the support you get.

I'm still baffled as loads of people seem to have this problem. No matter what burner I use the just don't work. Had had sort of success with nero, the disk just doesn't stop burning and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to end session. This works but the disk when played misses tracks and doesn't start again after the last track is played. I can burn dvd's, they work fine but audio is a no no on bothe my drives.

Please help!