Getting more folding power!

AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
edited August 2003 in Folding@Home
I just ordered a barton 2500+, abit nf7-m (no money and no extra video card at the moment, but it will get the job done) 120 gig WD 8MB cache HDD, and some other little things.

I do plan to do a little overclocking also. :D

My new stuff should be here next week or so... don't have a tracking number yet.

So now I'll have the following folding for me:

2500+ Will be overclocked as much as I can without it getting too hot for me.
1900+ @ stock
and a 450 MHz pentium ;D

It's just like christmas all over again, but better because I know what I'm getting. I can't wait!

Comments

• a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited August 2003
    Does the NF7 v2.0 and NF7-M v2.0 overclock like the NF7-S v2.0?
    MyNewName5333 said
    I just ordered a barton 2500+, abit nf7-m (no money and no extra video card at the moment, but it will get the job done) 120 gig WD 8MB cache HDD, and some other little things.

I do plan to do a little overclocking also. :D
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited August 2003
    I really hope it does, but I couldn't tell you. Maybe some one here knows...
    edited August 2003
    I guess in a few days you can tell us about the NF7-M's ability to overclock.
    MyNewName5333 said
    I really hope it does, but I couldn't tell you. Maybe some one here knows...
    edited August 2003
    a2jfreak said
    I guess in a few days you can tell us about the NF7-M's ability to overclock.

Will do :thumbsup:
  • edited August 2003
    I'd imagine it will... after all, the only diffrence between the NF7-s and the NF&-m is the SB, correct? If so, it might just depend on whatever NB you end up with.
    edited August 2003
    The nf7-m has onboard video.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    This is good news. The more folding power the team has the better :thumbsup:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Kick ass.:)
    edited August 2003
    Woo hoo! My stuff came and my barton is now up and running. My 1900+ is my linux server now (PaRK came over and we finally configured it ) My 1900+ and 2500+ are both folding 24/7 along with my parents 450 MHz (I don't know how they live with that thing) I only have 1 cat5 run into my room right now so I have to switch the cables when one gets close to completing a WU.

PaRK and I had some trouble OCing the 2500+ I think it may be my memory (256 DDR 2700) I'm going to get some better memory and see what that does. So for now it's going to have to run @ stock.

Specs are in my sig

While we were building it PaRK and I snapped some pics but none of them turned out very well. I wish they would have because PaRK did an awesome job of organizing my cables :respect: When I add better memory I'll try and take some better pics.

Everyone watch out because my folding just doubled. ;D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    Nice to see the new Folding muscle! Looking forward to seeing your rise through the standings.

:thumbsup::fold:
    edited August 2003
    Please do not forget to let us know how that NF7-M overclocks when you put in some better RAM. I've not seen any reviews of the NF7-M so I don't know if it overclocks like the NF7-S does.
    MyNewName5333 said
    PaRK and I had some trouble OCing the 2500+ I think it may be my memory (256 DDR 2700) I'm going to get some better memory and see what that does. So for now it's going to have to run @ stock.
    edited August 2003
    a2jfreak said
    Please do not forget to let us know how that NF7-M overclocks when you put in some better RAM. I've not seen any reviews of the NF7-M so I don't know if it overclocks like the NF7-S does.

I won't forget, Short-Media will be the first to know... If you all want to know sooner I'll take donations for more ram :tongue:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    I want to see it OC to the speeds of the car in your sig. Lots of potential sitting under the hood...I mean case.;)
    edited August 2003
    mmm viper... yummy.

;D
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Will your mobo support 200MHz fsb?

Maybe you could relax your mem timings to cas3 and push a bit more.
    I have seen cas3 DDR400 for less than $40. That might get you going.