Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
edited January 2005 in Hardware

Comments

• Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited October 2004
    Msi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    When we find out which board is going to be the "NF7-S v2" of the 939/64 platform, I'm moving to 64bit :D
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    I'm with prime. :)
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited October 2004
    I to am with Prime..
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Ditto. I've been holding out for the nForce4 for a long time. The K8T800/K8T800 Pro/nForce3 ULTRA/nForce3 250GB business is shady. If it's a good chipset, nobody I like is making it, or it's s754.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2004
    Looks like there should be some exciting products based on this chipset. I'm happy that Soundstorm is returning. :thumbsup:
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited October 2004
    Where is the Abit offering anyway?
  • edited October 2004
    The guy who designed the NF7-S moved over to DFI, which may or may not mean they will have the next "killer board".

I'm waiting for the next gen NF7-S equiv. myself, and only after it's been through a few revisions.

And as far as I know, the NForce4 doesn't have Soundstorm. Isn't this the case?

It'd also be f*ing awesome if the NForce5 chipset has AGP support, as I would rather not replace my motherboard, CPU, memory, AND video card all in one bite. Though, I'm not holding my breath...
    edited October 2004
    nForce4 has soundstorm.
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited October 2004
    I don't know how soon we'll be seeing these nForce4 boards but I'm kind of worried about the lack of AGP slots on those pictures there. Things arent looking so hot for a person like myself who not to long ago upgraded to a 6800GT of the AGP variety. :wtf:
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited October 2004
    Justin wrote:
    Where is the Abit offering anyway?
    These were shown at Comdex early this year.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited October 2004
    EQuito wrote:
    These were shown at Comdex early this year.

Hmm, a nice looking board, ABIT does always seem to do a little overkill on their first generation boards, and its SATA only. BTW, I saw a Western Digital SATA 10000RPM 74GB Raptor at the BX for sale.

Thats odd, only once chip between the PCI, AGP, memory and CPU. Does that have anything to do with the fact that the AMD 64bit CPU's have the memory controller integrated into them?
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2004
    Is it just me or is the placement of the nforce chip on that abit pretty bad? I think aftermarket chipset coolers are pretty much out of the question on that board unless you have a really short graphics card :(
    edited October 2004
    Hmm, a nice looking board, ABIT does always seem to do a little overkill on their first generation boards, and its SATA only.

I doubt that it's SATA only. There's about a inch of real estate missing from the bottom of the board. The SATA ports are half obscured in the photo, you cant see any Front panel connectors, Front mounted 3 pin fan connectors, and in it's latest mobos, Abit has the IDE ports mounted on the front of the boards facing forward/sideways.

And most important the POWER connector is Missing! :D

Example
    attachment.php?attachmentid=12007&stc=1
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited October 2004
    Now that you mention it, I did notice the edge of the board being hidden by the thing with the name of the board on it.
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited October 2004
    lemonlime wrote:
    Is it just me or is the placement of the nforce chip on that abit pretty bad? I think aftermarket chipset coolers are pretty much out of the question on that board unless you have a really short graphics card :(

It's not just you... I took a look and thought "theres no way thats the final board layout."
    After a little eye-balling it looks to me like even an orb style cooler couldn't squeeze into the little gap that been left there. I could be wrong but I think this board will be subject to a layout revision.
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited October 2004
    lemonlime wrote:

the epox board has the same thing, thats wierd
    edited October 2004
    lemonlime wrote:

You dont need extra cooling for the chipset. The NF3-250 or K8T800 Pro series can do 300mhz HTT & >275mhz Mem without aftermarket coolers.
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited October 2004
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44016

Here are some new pictures. Notice the DFI LanParty SLI-D dual 16x PCIe... :eek: sweeeet :D
    008.jpg 263.1K
    011.jpg 228.5K
    edited October 2004
    The Lanparty.... WOW! :respect:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    I agree with you two ... wow :wow:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    errr. i may revise my statement. perhaps I can't be bothered to wait until ALL the testing is done...... that motherboard looks ****ing sweet.
    edited October 2004
    4 Nvidia SATA II ports & 4 more SATA Raid (probably also SATA II) sweet! :thumbsup:

Also check out that Molex connector by the 1st PCIe 1x slot.... :scratch:
  • Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
    edited October 2004
    Is there any estimated price on the boards when they are available?
    edited October 2004
    Entry level nForce4: Less than 100.
    Middle nForce4: 100-150
    nForce4 ULTRA: 150+
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    No Soundstorm on NF4 unfortunatly. Bad old AC-97. Rumour says though that Nvidia is releasing a soundcard based on Soundstorm 2 to sell separately, but it's just a rumour though. And no manufacturer so far that offer AGP on their NF4. Time to sell our new x800/6800 series me thinks.
  • Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
    edited October 2004
    Thats not too bad pricing, I suppose. BTW, Hello rob :p
    edited October 2004
    none of them show agp are they gonna hve them? or am i just crazy?
    edited October 2004
    AGP is going the way of the Dodo.
    edited October 2004
    so no agp on nforce 4 mobo's