I killed EMIII?!

entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
edited October 2004 in Folding@Home
Ahhmm, well, I tried putting it stealth mode, cuz I was sick of seeing it...for some reason (Even in the tray). I sorta figured it would reset once I reopened it, but it doesn't :confused:. Soon as I start EMIII, it just isnt' there ... it's in Task Manager, but I cant get to it, not even using the "Switch To" button. Help please!

...Crap I feel like such a noob lol...

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2004
    Whats the key to unhide it? You have to hold it down for so many seconds.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited October 2004
    You can make a shortcut to it, and there's a flag that will unhide it. I remember looking at it in the readme, because I did that once too and didn't know how to unhide it. Look around in the readme a bit, if you don't have it I'll take a look at my own in a while.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Here ya go
    copied from help file

Run EM in Stealth (No Tray Icon): This feature is always trouble to the new user. Be careful. You can put EM in Stealth Mode (No tray icon and no EM window visible) when EM starts by putting a check in this box. You can also set the stealth mode on from the EM tray icon menu. Once it is invisible, the only way to get EM back is to press and hold the “Scroll Lock” key. You might have to hold it down for as long as 30 seconds before EM will appear. This long delay is there because you may have this program running on a system that is used by others. They may use the scroll lock key for something, who knows for what, but possibly something. The odds are that a simple press of the scroll lock key will not make EM visible except by accident, and that is near impossible to do. So, just be patient if it happens. This feature allows you to monitor a system without others messing with the monitoring program. Used with the other selections available here can run the FAH client, hide it, run the EM program and hide it too. You can check on progress etc. by simply pressing the scroll lock key, viewing the EM window, then setting it back to stealth from the tray icon menu.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited October 2004
    Yep, I read this this morning and fixed it. Just didn't get around to posting :). I do, however, find it pretty stupid that no ReadMe is included with the program itself :-/. Thanks for the tips guys :D