What's this?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2004 in Folding@Home
"Allow receipt of work assignments and return of work results greater than 5MB in size (such work units may have large memory demands) (no/yes)?"

Also, it asked me if I would like to install it as a service, which I of course said yes to. Does the tutorials for setting flags still work the same with this then? Cuase last time I set any flags it was on a shortcut, or through Daemon tools. I just don't know about this now :scratch:

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    flags are now set in the registry instead of the shortcut ...there is no shortcut when set as a service because it automatically runs when the computer is on always ...even at the login screen.

If you want to add a flag do a registry search for -svcstart ...you can add your flag just after that with a space like ...-svcstart -verbosity 9
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    OK What about the other thing? I haven't even finished installing yet ;)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    I type yes but I guess it depends on your bandwidth. if you high bandwidth I don't see why not.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited October 2004
    Larger work units take anywhere from 80-110 megs ram on my own computer. You should probably only say yes if you have good bandwidth, like csimon said. The good thing about a larger wu is there is more points involved than normal ones. My HT P4 does ~1800 PPW vs. ~1300-1400 with a normal size wu. :thumbsup: