Sound Programs

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2004 in Internet & Media
I am working on my final project for Digital Media... I am really excited about it too. I would like to build my own music soundtrack to it so that it can truely be an original peice. I haven't worked with music before, but I have some ideas I would like to try out.

Basically, my idea consists of taking various recordings of my own, and taking "sniplets" or whatever you may call it, and putting them back together in such a way that I have my own music. I don't think I need anything fancy, something that is just a little better than Windows Sound Recorder is all I really need I think.

Any free programs that anyone here would recomend?

EDIT://Opps, I should have put this into the Digital Media forum... I realized that as soon as I presses submit I was in the wrong area :scratch:

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited October 2004
    RWB wrote:
    EDIT://Opps, I should have put this into the Digital Media forum... I realized that as soon as I presses submit I was in the wrong area :scratch:
    Thread moved.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Uuuh...

Acid pro? Fruityloops?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Are you working on a Mac or PC? On a Mac, you could just use the looping utility that comes with OSX. I would go with Fruityloops for PC.
  • pokesquid808pokesquid808 SO CAL
    edited October 2004
    your not going to find many free programs that will do a good job. personally i use steinberg cubase to record and then you can edit and master your tracks. there is also sony soundforge and adobe audition (formerly cool edit pro). there is also cakewalk if you are willing spend the money. for midi sequencing there is logic. and there is also pro tools which is what the industry uses from what i heard, someone correct me if i'm wrong. haven't used it but have only heard good things. if you just want to throw tracks together onto a cd you can use cd architect which has a overall mastering tool to get the overall sound how you like it. you can also incorporate it into your sound editor which is pretty cool. but i would try try out a bunch of em, they all have free trials. see which one your comfortable with. they all cost money but they are all good stuff. good luck
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    I am not willing to spend any amount of money. But I found a program called Audacity, it seems to have what I need, but I haven't gotten to test it out yet.