Server 112 down?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited October 2004 in Folding@Home
I checked this morning and it seems I sent in almost no finished WUs yesterday. I also have no work to do on one PC and the other has almost finished its WU. I looked at the server, 112, and the CPU load is at 202, all the other servers are at below 2. Does this mean it's down? I thought 502 got work from other servers if there was a problem?

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2004
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited October 2004
    I had the same thing this morning. I've just come home and checked it, this is what I have. The server page seems to say it's ok but I still can't get any new work or hand any I've already done in.
    F@H.jpg 79.4K
    edited October 2004
    What's going on guys? My PC hasn't done anything since 4am this morning. EM say tinker core good but there is nothing for it to do. The other PC has work to do but hasn't handed any work in. I deleted everything in the work folder but it still won't get any more WUs. What can I do?
    EM.jpg 60.3K
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited October 2004
    I have the same problem
    edited October 2004
    Aw come on guys. I can't believe with all the folding fans we have here nobody knows what is happening. Both PCs are running the same folding software. One is doing work, the other isn't and my results haven't changed for 36 hours.
    edited October 2004
    What's up guys? Can nobody help me with this? I think this is the longest I have ever gone without some kind of support from you guys. 48 hours now with no work, no results.
    edited October 2004
    Ah, I see csimons in the house. He's the man.
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited October 2004
    This worked for me, erase your client.cfg file and rerun the folding program. You'll have to redo all your information, but at least it'll reassign you to a different server.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Um, here is the easier way, whihc I found fighitn my own issues here with down or partly down servers:

In folding's Work directory, see if you have a PARTIAL set of WU files. If so, and no finished WUs waiting to be sent, erase all files in folder. Then go back to Folding's main client directory. Delete these two files:

unitinfo.txt
    queue.dat

Between those two files listed just above, your client figures out what server it talked to or tried to talk to last. You do not have to reconfig, just wipe its info on last WU attempted and yuo will get a random server. In my case, Sunday I stuck SuSE on a HD in the Linux box, and the client kept hanging while connecting (as far as Log). BUT, as far as SERVER 143, it was sending WU files. I got a compressed WU file set, and the client sat so long in .143's queue that it timed out-- and never realized the files were THERE to unarchive. Server .143 was up, down, and always network loaded, 182 to 190 network connects most of weekend. It finally took some downtime as far as network connect late Sunday (US time). At one time point Saturday (U.S. Time, late enough that it was early AM Sunday in UK), the collections server was showing it had accepted 16K WUs for other busy servers. Yeah, the servers are busy, our fast boxes are asking for more and turning in OLD ALMOST faster than the dat server and assignment and collections server farm at Stanford can handle of a weekend.... And this year so far, Folding got at least 4 new servers (total, not of any one subtype)....
    edited October 2004
    I couldnt get anything this weekend either at home.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited October 2004
    I have the same problem here, SM20 still churning away though... :)
    edited October 2004
    Hotrodson, I did that and it got another server but it still had the same problem, nothing showing in EM111 and no results being sent back. I uninstalled F@H and started again. It's still the same. Acording to task manager folding is working but EM111 shows nothing that makes sense. Time per frame =0 ect. On the other PC it says it started the WU on 21 Oct! Plus both now have gromacs where I only used to get tinkers.I used to leave both PCs on 24\7 for folding but I'm begining to wonder if there's any point.
    edited October 2004
    OK, it's working on my PC but I want tinkers only, like I had before. I thought I didn't have to set any flags but maybe I do. Anybody know?
    edited October 2004
    Hmm I sent in 9 Queued WUs last night and I havent gotten credit for any of them. It must take awhile for thgem to show up if they go to the collection server.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited October 2004
    At the moment i would not trust EMIII to show what is happening. We have had a lot of problems with it showing like nothing is happening.

We are using the latest version 3.0.2 (i think)

I check task manager for activity and check the logfile for frames done. Very frustrating. :rolleyes:
    edited October 2004
    Mine says 3.0.3 is the latest.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    I had two systems acting the same way.
    Both systems amd and both no flags.
    So, I added the -advmethods flag and immediately each one dloaded core_78 1.69 and began folding gromacs.

Now ...all of my P4's use that flag because up until this week it was helping them to get all gromacs but about half now are folding tinkers.

So apparantly the servers which serve the final wu's aren't offering much so I'll stick with -advmethods and fold almost final-betas until the issue is resolved.

Stay tuned folks ...this could get fun! :fold:

If you're interested in adding flags and folding is set up as a service then scroll down a few in this thread for reference...http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21345

The comment about getting mostly gromacs doesn't apply for the time being.
    edited October 2004
    I knew csimon would know :)
    I agree, after reinstalling folding and EM111 on my PC there is -advmethods set, and I got a 300+point gromac that will take 38 hours. The other PC has run out of things to do so is idle. I hope it's fixed soon, I've handed no results in for a few days now.
    edited October 2004
    after I added that flag to both non-flagged systems they are once again folding happily. :thumbsup:
    edited October 2004
    This is what Vijay had to say reguarding the server 112 issue ..."This is one of our older machines and it's really FUBAR'd. We are working on it, but this is not going to be easy. We'll post more info as we know it."

And here is the link it comes from at the community forum ...http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=9991&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
    edited October 2004
    I finished a 300+point gromac at 1am this morning and my points still haven't gone in 12 hours later. If they haven't gone in by tonight I'm going to abandon folding altogether, I don't see the point of leaving two PCs running day and night for nothing. I've had no points in five days, I was 400 points in front of eyesonly, now he's 300 in front of me. Can anybody help?

Sorry csimon, saw your post after I posted. I guess we'll just have to wait?
    edited October 2004
    meatime check your client.cfg to be sure that the credit is pointed towards the correct user and team. I've made that mistake before as well as a few other people.
    How many machines do you have set up folding?

[settings]
    username=csimon
    team=93

asknet=no
    bigpackets=yes
    machineid=1
    local=16

[http]
    active=no
    host=localhost
    port=8080
    usereg=no

[core]
    checkpoint=30
    ignoredeadlines=yes

[clienttype]
    type=2
    nonet=yes

I'll show you something that might make you feel a little better about the current situation ...keep in mind that I have over 30 processors folding ...this is how I know when there is trouble usually.

Why don't you post your log file while you're at it maybe there is a clue in there.
    edited October 2004
    I sent in 9 WUs all at once and I have yet to recieve any credit for it. Its just because of the server screw up thats all.
    edited October 2004
    I just happened to browse over this headline at EOC and now things make much more sense. It's not that you aren't receiving credit ...it's the fact that the stats server has been taken down temporarily.

You should receive a huge spike as soon as the issue is resolved.
    edited October 2004
    Well it looks like it's finally fixed. Both PCs show as working in EM111 and I have handed in over 600 points. I think I've lost a heap of points though but at least it's working again.

csimon, can I change my user name back to bothered yet?
    edited October 2004
    bothered wrote:
    csimon, can I change my user name back to bothered yet?

Sure ...in 2006! ;D