Error getting work

-pK-pK Denver
edited October 2004 in Folding@Home
i ran into a little trouble while running the text only console...

[08:18:04] Loaded queue successfully.
[08:18:25] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[08:18:25] + Could not connect to Work Server
[08:18:25] - Error: Attempt #1 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

i have had problems in the past connecting to my FTP server. figured this may be related. any ideas? not behind a firewall or anything.

Thx in advance

*edit* also i have an old p133 in my drawer.. IF i could get it to see the internet, a thing that came way after i got this bad boy, i would like to help find any cure. too many people die'n to have that thing rotting in a drawer. opps i digress. anyways would a p133 be able to do WU's?

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2004
    Stop the client and restart it, that might help. I have had peoblems getting work over the weekend as well so you are not the only one.

And there are WUs that dont have deadlines if you want to use the p133.
  • -pK-pK Denver
    edited October 2004
    When I use the graphial config the only message i see says: "Could not connect to the work server." It has been that way since about 2 days ago. Restarted it many times before even posting. After more restarts, comp, network, program, no change. Figured it might be clientside. Thanks.

*edit*
    EGADS it works!!! yaya! Too bad its gonna take 52 days to complete this WU. Is that normal for a PIII 1.3Gz machine with 512 DDR Ram?:scratch:

I was also wondering how this would match up with game play. I know it is supposed to be lowest priority, but it also takes 25k of my mem space, not much but can be the difference between a frag and a death somedays.

Now, how do I sign up? For a team that is. Preferably #93...
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2004
    Good to see you got some work. The servers have been acting up as of lately for Stanford.

It shouldnt really hurt gaming performance at all. If you are playing games that use all your RAM you can always stop the client and then turn it back on when you are done. The game will use up all your CPU so folding wont get anything done while playing anyway. Just remember to restart the client again.

Right click on the red icon or anywhere in the display and go to configure. A Control Panel will pop up and there is a line for a Team Number. Put 93 on that line. See attachment.

Hope this helps.