video splicing software needed

ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
edited November 2004 in Internet & Media
i need a good FAST fay of splicing video segments into smaller parts, ive been usung fadetoblack but it takes like 5 minutes to do anything in it, WMM is even slower and sucks, so.. any ideas?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Womble MPEG2VCR.
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited November 2004
    heh i was waiting for your cat like reflexes, you away on aim so i didnt wanna bother u

// edit: any that can do AVI?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    // EDITED //

Alright, I just remembered that AVISynth is a non-linear editor and can, therefore, grab sections of video that you determine and then piece them together rather quickly. The script can then be fed to an AVIs-compliant encoder for output.

I can write the script, but I need to know -exactly- what you want done with the video. I need to know what frames you want to keep, what frames you want to drop, if you want the video cleaned up, what codec the file is, how you want the audio, etc.

For example:

LoadPlugin("Anythingyoumayneed.dll")
    AVIFileSource("SourceAVIfile.avi", fps=???.???) #Imports your movie and forces the proper FPS.
    vid00=Trim(0,1013) # Splits the first 1013 frames into its own piece
    vid01=Trim(1014,1500) # Splits frame 1014 through 1500 into its own piece
    vid02=Trim(1501,0) # Splits every frame after 1500 into its own piece
    return vid00 + vid02 # Drops frames 1014-1500 and returns 0-1013 + 1501-end.

The trim command automatically synchs the audio. You can also disable the audio by using this command to load the AVI: AviFileSource("Yoursource.avi", false, fps=???.???)

Isn't AVISynth bloody sweet? :D