production drop off

deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
edited November 2004 in Folding@Home
Oh well, my meteoric rise through the ranks may be on hold for the next couple of weeks, I've just moved house and it apparently takes BT 5 days to transfer my phone line, then it takes my ISP 10 days to re-activate broadband on my line... all of which means that for the next 2 weeks my main folding machines (A64 & 2 AXPs) will be off line... bah!

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2004
    Some times there appears to be no justice in the world. Been through the waiting game. Not much fun. :(

Is there somewhere you may be able to get a free month trial of dialup? At least you would be back online sooner. :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2004
    Get work units with no deadlines and then you can recieve 10 WUs to work on. It should keep ya going for awhile.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    DL work onto a partable drive from another machine and take it home to run. It is a pain, but better than loosing 2 wks.
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited November 2004
    edcentric wrote:
    DL work onto a partable drive from another machine and take it home to run. It is a pain, but better than loosing 2 wks.

didn't think of that, it's doable I suppose, but it would be a pain..... might give it a go once all three machines have completed their work units. Does anyone know if FAH tracks which work units have been doled out to which machines? If, for example, I take a disk full of completed work units into the office with me and copy them one after the other onto a client machine there, giving it time to connect upload results before copying the next one over would that work?