need index.html with no index page

ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
edited August 2003 in Internet & Media
well comcast just got a whole lot stoopider, i used to have a list of files in my web page, they showed up in a list because i deleted the index.html, well now you have to have a index page in order for ur page to even remotly be displayed, but i still want it to show the list of contents like it used too. i dont want to have to take the time to alter a html file everytime i add a file or delete a file off of it, is there some sort of code that will list the contents of "mywebpage" like it used to when i didnt have a index file?:confused2

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I know what you mean, but I'm not sure how to do that. I only have 2 ideas, and they are simply shots in the dark because I'm mostly clueless. I wouldn't even say this much if anyone else had responded:

- Maybe a dynamic language like PHP has a method for finding all files in a directory, store the names in an array, and then print them out. I'm not sure if PHP has that functionality, but I'm thinking it would. Don't know how to do that off the top of my head though. Try www.php.net maybe.

- Make a FTP site that shares all the files in that directory? I've never set up an FTP site and my experience with them is minimal so I could be totally off base on that one.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I'll upload a PHP script to do it when I get home.

NS