Gamespot reviews Halo 2!

fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
edited November 2004 in Gaming

Comments

• Access_DeniedAccess_Denied tennessee
    edited November 2004
    i hope to god halo2 is better than the first one.. i was horrably disapointed at it as it had no bots to kill in multiplayer
  • XanderXander (See Avatar)
    edited November 2004
    Sorry to disappoint you but there are no bots in multiplayer. Halo 2 Will still be a kick A$$ game though. I cannot wait until it comes out. The original Halo was a great game also.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    I loved the original Halo. I had many a sleepless night playing it with friends.

I'm going to reserve reading the review until after I grab it tonight and play a little bit, though.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited November 2004
    Im looking foward to this game also. But im looking foward to halflife 2 much more. In my oppinion halflife 2 will be a much better game.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    It has AI in single player... yet it won't have it in multiplayer???? That makes no sence!
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    AI in multiplayer would probably have to be a lot broader.

I'm glad this game's supposed to be good... I'm sure there will be lots of games on our dorm's LAN. My friend across the hall is buying at midnight of course :)

(Yeah personally I'm more excited about Half-Life 2 though)
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited November 2004
    EMT wrote:
    AI in multiplayer would probably have to be a lot broader.

I'm glad this game's supposed to be good... I'm sure there will be lots of games on our dorm's LAN. My friend across the hall is buying at midnight of course :)

(Yeah personally I'm more excited about Half-Life 2 though)

You fellas on college lan can just pop in a game with lan support (pc or console) and a bunch of games on the school network will appear? Just wondering.
  • RyThomRyThom Ypsilanti, MI
    edited November 2004
    fudgam wrote:
    You fellas on college lan can just pop in a game with lan support (pc or console) and a bunch of games on the school network will appear? Just wondering.

Yeah, thats how it worked when I was in the dorms. We just had our Xbox plugged into the dorm network and we could instantly find any games currently being hosted. The rivalry between the Fourth Floor Posse and the First Floor Cheaters was legendary :D I'm assuming Halo 2 can do something similar, though I haven't tried it yet.

There's been talk of a SM Halo 2 team on XBL. Anybody interested?