F@H Sleeping

BDRBDR
edited August 2003 in Folding@Home
:hrm: I noticed one of my Folders wasn't showing any progress and found it "sleeping".

I looked in the one of the logs in the program folder and found this-
Folding@home will go to sleep for 1 day as there have been 5 consecutive Cores executed which failed to complete a work unit.
[22:24:09] (To wake it up early, quit the application and restart it.)
[22:24:09] If problems persist, please visit our website at http://folding.stanford.edu for help.
[22:24:09] + Sleeping...

Folding@home Client Shutdown.

WTF?

It looks like it was trying to run a 65 core instead of a 78 and kept shutting down, but I'm not sure.
:confused2

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    It looks like one of your overclocks is too high. When F@H has too many errors on one protein, it may d/l a new core. I guess it's sleeping because it just kept erroring out =/
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    Possible.
    I uninstalled F@H, and re-installed. I'm trying 3.24 for now, and without any flag tweaks, to see if I get some progress.

It also gave me a different protein.

If it happens again, I'll check out the OC.

edit- that machine just rebooted, so I backed off the OC by 5.
    It may be getting a little too hot, too.
    It's a warm day here.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    If the cleint gets too many errors it will 'sleep' on you whether it is the WU or core.

Delete the core first to see if that will help. Then you can try the WU if you still get this error.
  • edited August 2003
    of your rigs - which motherboard is this happening on? how much of an oc?
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    It was on the Asus A7N8X dlx/2100 tbred oc'ed to slightly over 2000. I lowered it a little, reinstalled the folding program, and shut it down and let it cool down for a few.

It's running a different protein now on 3.25beta with the flag tweaks in place. So far so good.

That tower sits right next to my monitor, and since I left my monitor on all day, that may have contributed to higher temps too.

Whatever it was, is ok now.