server Status FYI, as of PM 11-10-2004

Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own wayNaples, FL Icrontian
edited November 2004 in Folding@Home
Note, folks might have clients not able to turn in WUs tonight.

The Stanford Server Stats page tells why, this is probably not your client at all:

The Collections server shows FAILED (as like this: 171.65.103.100 VSPMF33 - FAIL Not Accept ), and it is not accepting any web turnins.

The following servers have no connection to Stanford's LAN:

171.64.122.117 VSP50 vvishal standby Not Accept <-- Being Maintained, no web or LAN connect being accepted

171.64.122.119 VSP52 csnow full Reject <--- rejecting LAN connects

171.64.122.143 VSP76 - full DOWN <--- DOWN means Stanford lan cannot ping server, no LAN connectivity
171.64.122.144 VSP77 - full DOWN

171.65.103.149 VSPMF82 esorin standby Not Accept <-- standby means it is down for maintainance, so it is Not Accepting LAN or WEB connects either
171.65.103.150 VSPMF83 - accept DOWN

171.65.103.152 VSPMF85 - full DOWN

171.65.103.157 VSPMF90 csnow standby Not Accept <-- Being Maintained

So, hope they get that all fixed and back up, could be a router failure given that mishmosh of stats. BUT, your clients will do what they are supposed to, keep trying to turn WUs in later until they DO connect (possibly tomorrow sometime). I posted this to let folks who might wonder what is happening know this one is not a client problem probably, as it appears Folding's LAN has 9 servers that are not accepting WUs or connects from assignment servers as to accepting WUs back.

My client here tried repeatedly to turnin to VSPMF83, could not get a web connect to it, then tried to turnin to the Collections Server, which is there for backup in case a data server cannot accept WUs. However, THAT Collections server is down also. So, my client got another WU from one of the 20 data servers that is still UP, and it is folding and every once in a while trying to send the WU it finished in (I decided to let the XP box fold for a while). The Linux box might turnin, might not, will not know until tomorrow when it finishes another larger WU.

I'm NOT complaining, just informing....

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    thanks for the headsup johnD :thumbsup::fold:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2004
    I should have handed in a 240+ pointer yesterday but didn't for some reason. That is on server 156 which is supposed to be ok.
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited November 2004
    bothered wrote:
    I should have handed in a 240+ pointer yesterday but didn't for some reason. That is on server 156 which is supposed to be ok.

Sure you were... thats what they all say.
    ;);D
    edited November 2004
    Well it has now.
    Erm, weedo, I sense your PC is overheating a little. Might be a good idea to turn it off for a day or two, mate.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited November 2004
    Would this have anything to do with my clients turning in work but me not recieving any credit (points) for them? Will I get credit for them at all? I'm starting to look over my shoulder for you two, Weedo and bothered. ;D Can you catch up?? :D

If ~1200 points just pop up out of no where, then I know what happened I guess. :-/
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Yes, Thegr81, ANYTHING the collections server takes gets points held up for it until the data server actually gets the work. When the data server gets the work, your ID gets credit.

BTW, I will be starting another thread as to what is up with this mess, insofar as Vijay has explained it on Folding's Forums as of a very short time ago....
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited November 2004
    bothered wrote:
    Erm, weedo, I sense your PC is overheating a little. Might be a good idea to turn it off for a day or two, mate.

I know your concern for the health of my pc's comes from the heart. I would like to ease your fears and assure you that all is well with my rigs and I hope this knowledge makes your sleep sweeter.

Fraternally yours, Weedo
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited November 2004
    TheGr81 wrote:
    I'm starting to look over my shoulder for you two, Weedo and bothered. ;D Can you catch up?? :D

Well let me get out the telescope I used to spot Bothered... oh yeah, now I see you. Another juicy plum to be picked. Bwuahahahahahaha!!!!!

I suggest not looking back again. Ignorance is bliss. ;D
    edited November 2004
    Weedo wrote:
    I know your concern for the health of my pc's comes from the heart. I would like to ease your fears and assure you that all is well with my rigs and I hope this knowledge makes your sleep sweeter.

Fraternally yours, Weedo
    :eek3: :screwed: