WU in queue?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited November 2004 in Folding@Home
Dumb question I know but, under the monitor icon in EM111 there is often a blue circle with a 1 in it. The description says work units in queue. Is this a completed WU waiting to hand points in or one waiting to be started?

Comments

• DonutDonut Maine New
    edited November 2004
    Hi bothered,
    Looks like Stanford's got some server problems this morning. Four down and one rejecting wu's.

The blue circle in for units going out (complete), I currently have 2 boxes showing the same thing. When the servers get fixed it should go out for you.

(sorry, didn't see the following post. :o )
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2004
    Thanks Donut, at least I haven't lost the points then. I'd hate weedo to think he might actually catch me. :)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    bothered wrote:
    Dumb question I know but, under the monitor icon in EM111 there is often a blue circle with a 1 in it. The description says work units in queue. Is this a completed WU waiting to hand points in or one waiting to be started?

all you need to do is send in that wu.
    here is what I do:
    1.) set up a shortcut to your client (like the pic but with your own path)
    2.) rename it Send All
    3.) add the -send all flag at the end
    4.) double click the "Send All" icon

that's it ...the blue bubble with the number of wu's in queue won't disappear until you have finished the current frame of the current wu you are working on. Unless the server isn't receiving but try it to make sure.

Oh yeah ...the blue bubble is a wu that is complete but hasn't been sent in yet ...I get those all of the time.