WU not updating?

Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
edited November 2004 in Folding@Home
Its been hours now..it wont update that I have completed another WU. =/ I'm already 18.4% into my next Wu. Is there a problem? Or do I have to just wait longer.

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    For the last three WUs I turned in, it took about 20 hours from completion of second WU to credit showing for all three, they ended up on a collections server and not the data servers that gave them to me once they got turned in (the collections server was down for a while, then they sat about 10 hours on collection server, for one, and about 8 hours on collection server for other two). Check your log, Josh, see if client actually got the WU turned in (log will say something like "+ Thank's for your contribution to Folding" if the WU got turned in, and something like "can't send" if not. Don't worry for a couple days if it is the "don't send" thing, the client will try again later to send it.

Folding is optimized for cancer and altzheimers and avian cancer and a few other disease and viral impact researches, unfortunately not for instant pioints credit. BUT, credit normally appears when the data server actually gets the results. IF the collection server gets them, then the number of WUs might increase, and points not show until the data server logs the WU back in as done. That is true if you are looking at Folding's stats themselves. IF, OTOH, you are looking at sig here or at ExtremeOverClocking's stats, THEN you end up waiting up to ABOUT three MORE hours for EOC to show stats. EOC picks up stats update files every three hours. Last I heard, the sig serving software here does the same thing as far as time cycle.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    do you mean your stats won't update or the wu hasn't been sent back in for credit at all?
    If the wu just hasn't sent then follow my directions to -send all here! :fold:
  • Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
    edited November 2004
    Actually, I just noticed that it updated. I guess I just had to wait it out.

*edit: hey, my first one thousand points :)