Picture edit?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited August 2003 in Community
I just posted a pictue that was too big. It wasn't the size, it was the resolution. So I resized the pic to compensate and save, However when I click save changes the pic doesn't update, It is still too big. What I then did was save it again with a new name, edit post, save changes, It's still too big! deleted the attachement and now I can't re attach it to the original post, I've had to post a new post. Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

bothered.

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Stop farting around and do the piccie right first time :p

Hmph.. that's a strange one, Il look into mate.

Ps.. your new avatar is terrfying :eek3:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2003
    What I did was browse the folder in PSP7 and opened it. Then Image, resize. The resolution was 200, Size 31cm wide. I changed the width to 15cm which I thought would fit the page but it was twice the size of the page. I have had this before with PSP, If you paste a pictue with a higher res than the 'paper' it comes out huge. I thought this may be the case here so I resized it again to 8cm wide (after this my first post applies) All the other pics were done at 8cm wide with no prob.
    For future referance, what is the default resolution of the forum or is it my desktop?

bothered stops farting about:)
    edited August 2003
    Desktop ;)

hehe
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited August 2003
    bothered said

deleted the attachement and now I can't re attach it to the original post, I've had to post a new post. Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

bothered.

Is that possible, Shorty? Most boards I visit, the code doesn't support editing a post with a new attachment. I'd be interested to learn if it can be done at S-M.

LIN
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    If it has an attachment you can replace it with another, but you cannot add an attachment after the post has been made.
    edited August 2003
    Vbulletin is supposed to allow this be done but it's mileage varies alot.

I know I keep saying about it but

... VB3 (the new version of vbulletin due soon) has a complete attachments manager. This will make changing attachments possible after posting :)
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Shorty said

... VB3 (the new version of vbulletin due soon) has a complete attachments manager. This will make changing attachments possible after posting :)

Boy! Am i looking 4-ward to that or what? It´s killing me that you can´t upload more than one attachment/post.
    edited August 2003
    Mackanz said

Boy! Am i looking 4-ward to that or what? It´s killing me that you can´t upload more than one attachment/post.

It will be here in no time my friend.. then multiple attachments in a folder (not db) will be very useful ;)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Boy that will help out the BT posters.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited August 2003
    mmonnin said

If it has an attachment you can replace it with another, but you cannot add an attachment after the post has been made.

Shorty said

mmonnin said

Boy that will help out the BT posters.

Much obliged, mm; the BT, yes...... ;)

And Shortly, thanks for "Currently hacking Vbulletin 3 Beta 3 into submission"!

LIN