Dual Monitor

MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
edited November 2004 in Hardware
I just recieved an x800 pro, and i want to go with the dual monitor setup, both CRTs.

I read in the x800 manual that the secondary (lcd) output is for a digital lcd, and if the adapter is put in, its for an analog lcd. no mention of crt. can i still hook up my CRT safely to the adapted port?

Comments

• leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    if it's anything like the 9800pro, then yes, it will work
  • edited November 2004
    Yeah, it will work fine.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited November 2004
    Im doing that right now
    I couldnt live without my duel monitors :D
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited November 2004
    sweet thanks for the quick replies. DoUbLe ViSiOn here i come
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Acually, it works for this reason. LCDs are typically limited to LOWER refresh rates than CRTs. ALMOST anything that can feed an amalog LCD can feed a CRT, which is ONLY an analog video device, if meant for PCs-- Sun monitors use different connects entirely, though, although those can ALSO be adapted for for an anlog video card if you can match res to them. A DIGITAL input LCD can take feed directly from all cards mentioned in this thread, sans adapter. My analog LCD does fine on a normal video card, though I did have to tweak the NVIDIA driver analog settings to deblue it some for finer color matching to printer and for photo editting.

No wonder everything looked BLUER here before I deblued the colors by changing the blue curve in the NVIDIA Analog driver utils..... :D The CRT does fine, though, color wise, though to get it to look blue enough , I got to change the CRT's blue channel to more intense after getting the LCD "just right".... That blue channel adjustment for visual effect is likely to be the ONLY thing you might need to majorly tweak on your second monitor, if ANYTHING. It might not be BLUE ENOUGH if teh secondary port was REALLY fine calibrated for LCDs.
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited November 2004
    Acually, it works for this reason....

always nice to get an explaination :thumbsup: