FYI, in re folding-community forum:

Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own wayNaples, FL Icrontian
edited November 2004 in Folding@Home
A note as to how to access Folding-Community Forum in a way that will get through for all browsers I have been able to test with:

Folding-Community Forum is running new software. the main folding site has a link to a .php script that the foum server cannot find, resulting in a 404 Error page when the link to 'Forums' on http://folding.stanford.edu/ 's main page is clicked. This is true for five browsers. HOWEVER, and here is the FYI, the following link brings up the new forums:

http://folding.community-forum.org/

I have had that link bookmarked for a long time, and tonight was on Folding's main site and clicked the forum link. 404 Error. So, clicked my bookmark as given above-- still works.

Second, expect a different folding-community forum subforum and topic index organization default, though your forum ID should work. IF you want the OLD Index style, do this:

Click, on the new top menu bar, Preferences.

When the Preferences page comes up, choose by clicking, 'Category Hierarchy settings.' When the Index Packing and other options come up, choose the radio button next to (to left of) none for Index packing options-- everything else may be left as is. Default is medium, for new style organization, which I myself found confusing. Expect to have one heck of a lot of unread messages, and a bunch of archived areas, this is a forum redo coming up online. This was posted about, but I had one heck of a time finding this info on changing the index back to my normal way of "looking at things."

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2004
  • FAH_WWFAH_WW Training in Indianapolis, IN
    edited November 2004
    Hi all - I will make the default different again, and I've added a homepage.php redirect thingy as well so you should be ok now :)

It's being finetuned and there have been lots of little probs. Unfortunately I was forced to upgrade due to security updates and I kinda decided to do the whole lump in one hit.

Sorry about the issues :(