Maximizing folding power

miinkiemiinkie UK
edited November 2004 in Folding@Home
I have recently built my first Intel sys :o . How can I maximize its folding potential as CPU is 3.2Gz HT.

Does having 2 different cpu id's slow processing of WUS down?

Other question:

I have a laptop which I fold with. Problem is currently I am away from home (with no internet access) and only get back to my network every fortnight. Is there anyway to download a bunch of WUS and 'batch' process them and when i eventually connect, send results for all the WUS for the past fortnight? :confused:

Comments

• MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited November 2004
    For the P4, install two instances of FAH in two different locations. (In different folders) Umm... There was a switch you need to enable for HT computers (or SMP) but I can't remember what that is now, someone else can answer that. You will need 2 different cpu id's for each client.

AFAIK, you can't have two graphical clients on one computer. You can have one graphical and one text-only, or two text-only clients. I recommend two text only clients to install as a service.

There IS a way to download multiple WU's at once, timeless WU's, but I don't know how to do that either.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2004
    When setting up the console client, the second client, make sure to set it to a second Machine ID for the P4.

And there is an option when setting up the console to download WUs without deadlines and then the next option is to download 10 WUs at once.