Can't wait to get that buff rig folding!

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Folding@Home
As my sig says, I've got a plan for my primary rig. So far I've got about $130 of $275 saved up, mainly from selling old stuff. I want to get this damn thing up and running; folding for the team. My points have REALLY suffered lately with only the XP1700 folding for me! Buy the stuff from my FS thread!

Plan:
XP2500+ at 2.2GHz (I currently have this chip in my secondary rig, the budget includes the money to buy another XP2100+ to OC to 2.17GHz like I had before)
DFI NFII Lanparty motherboard (I will be taking it to LAN parties, so I like the features it's packaged with)
1 GB PC2700 RAM (I already have this)
2 80 GB Hard Drives (I already have them)
48X Cendyne CD-RW (I already have it)
Radeon 9500 Pro (Have it, will upgrade to R420 someday...)
SK-7 with 53 CFM Fan (Need to buy another)

What does everyone think of the plan? The XP2500 folds FAST at stock speed, I can't wait to see what it does at XP3200 speed!

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    w00t more power for the Team.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    good call on the barton, mine's just chugging away.
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited August 2003
    woot my barton is folding like there's no tommorow.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited August 2003
    GHoosdum said
    What does everyone think of the plan? The XP2500 folds FAST at stock speed, I can't wait to see what it does at XP3200 speed!

My Barton 2.33ghz does 70-80pts per day folding Gromacs :)

Welome to the Barton club. Bartons have a 5-7% advantage clock for clock over Tbreds/Palys
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    Hope to see that baby Folding soon!

A nice chunk of my points come from my dad's Barton 2500+ :thumbsup:

:fold::fold::fold:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I love the Barton! Unfortunately for S-M right now, I've got my secondary rig dedicated to folding for the team a few friends and I set up, so I only have one rig folding for S-M until I finally get my primary rig set up... :(