News Forum Icon

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Community
Ok...just a minor thing. The news icon looks like this offlock.gif when there are no new posts. The other icons look like this on.gif when ther are new posts. The colors are exactly the same. This confuses me time and time again...and me being confused is bad for my self esteem.

Now, I could just learn to cope...or maybe if others have the same feeling about it, we could get a dark "no new news" icon :)

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Ahhh...

Umm....

Errr.....

In a word....

No ;D

The problem is this ...

/me puts arm round Shwaip in distinctly not gay "godfather" style

Lets walk son..

So.. you got no access to post threads in news..

So.. it's locked ..

So.. the lock shows...

Kapiche?

:D
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    ...but could the background of the lock be dark blue when there are no new posts, and light blue when there are?
    edited August 2003
    shwaip said
    ...but could the background of the lock be dark blue when there are no new posts, and light blue when there are?

Truthfully no. VBulletin is not overly intelligent when it comes to locks. It just says "im locked", "have new posts" or "have no new posts".

Sorry dude, you are out of luck :(
    edited August 2003
    (grins)...I don't mean to be too bothering but....

Say one was to make an icon similar to this: offlock.gif, but with a dark blue background. Then this image was placed at http://www.short-media.com/forum/images/offlock.gif (the one with the dark background). The old image (the one with the light blue background) was then placed at http://www.short-media.com/forum/images/onlock.gif .

Now...maybe I'm missing something, but i don't see what v-bulletin has to do with it.

If the answer is no....that's cool. Just want to make sure it's the right reason for the 'no'
    edited August 2003
    Let me have a look at it when Im back from my holiday :)
    edited August 2003
    thx. :D Sorry to be a bother ;)