Free Haagen Dazs ice cream for the rest of the year

Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
edited August 2003 in Trading Post
woooooooooooooooooooooot:doh:
Saw this on [h]. PEople claimed that it worked... go stock up :D

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    This looks most definitly like a scan. The legal text says it's void if copied or transfered. This means that they will be expecting the coupon on it's original paper, and that the coupon was issued to an individual, and no one else is alowed to use this particular coupon. Thusly, it would be quite illegal to use this coupon unless it was sent TO YOU by Hagen-dazs. If you used it and got caught you could be charged with "Theft by deception (under $200)". That's a jailable offence here in Kentucky. You may want to check your own state's laws before you decide if the ice cream is worth the risk.

On a personal note, I probably WILL risk it.
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited August 2003
    CBDroege said

On a personal note, I probably WILL risk it.
    THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR!
  • edited August 2003
    They have no real way of catching you.

What happens is this: You take the coupon to wherever you buy the ice-cream from, and give them the coupon. The store then goes to Nestle for their money. At no time does Nestle, or your store take your name or address, so they have no way to really track you down.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    ...but it says "Void if...copied".

Probably depends on whether the cashier is awake.
  • edited August 2003
    I'm willing to bet that 49/50 times you try this, the cachier would never even notice it.
    edited August 2003
    TheSmJ said
    I'm willing to bet that 49/50 times you try this, the cachier would never even notice it.
    I think you're probably right. Maybe make sure you're in a busy store when you try it - if there are lots of people in line behind you, they may not feel it worth the hassle to really examine it.

Also, if your printer can handle newsprint type of paper, that might help - print something you scanned from a newspaper ad section on the back (off-center) so it looks like you clipped it out of a flyer.

Then start looking for Weight-Watchers coupons. Free Ice Cream for the next 3 1/2 months and you'll need that next... :p
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited August 2003
    Hey guys....just use it at a 'scan it yourself' line. D'uh!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I think McBain is trying to tell us to use it at a "scan-it-yourself" line... :p
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited August 2003
    Yeah yeah, grammar schmaamar. I can put together a well thought out sentence if so inclined. :-p

edit: didn't even see the 3 other posts by me.

<---dumbass

Durn comp. locked up when posting so I hit refresh a feeew to many times
    edited August 2003
    McBain said
    Hey guys....just use it at a 'scan it yourself' line. D'uh!
    Who else read it too quickly and thought it said "Scam it yourself"? ;D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    2 things:

1. Kroger got scammed out of a LOT of money recently; they stopped accepting coupons that make items free. So don't bother to use it there.

2. Most scam-it-yourself lines I've seen still require you to hand the coupons to the cashier. The only one's I've seen that allow you to scan your own coupons are at K-Mart.