Servers down?

TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
On my pc i have 2 user accounts, my wife has the other one and folds under my name when she is logged on. She has a wu in the q to be sent but the client cannot connect to stanford at all and therefore refusing to download a new job. I have tried -send all, still same.

On my user, everything works just fine and both of us is using the new beta with all the flags and crunching Gromacs.

On her user, if i started it without the flags and got the thing to connect to a possibly tinker server instead, would it send the one i have in the q or would it get deleted?

This wu have been trying to connect for a few days now and that means i cant fold 100%.

This is a bit scary since a lot of peeps have a lot of boxes which they cant reach immediatley and those can be stuck without any jobs to crunch. Am i totally out of line here?

Mac

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Yes, the connection is perfect, no problems at all.

As i said, BOTH is using the beta client. This is on the same pc, but 2 user accounts.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Hey Mac, is folding running from the same directory or do you have 2 seperate clients going, one for each account?

If you're using 2 seperate clients then I think you have a problem with the Machine ID.
    edited June 2003
    Hi Terry!

They are not folding at the same time, this is on 2K and with 2 simple user accounts where you have to log out and then log in. And it is from 2 different directorys as well.

Thanks!
    edited June 2003
    Ok that is where the problem lies, unless you specify the Machine ID's as different then you have 2 seperate clients using the same ID which in turn means both seperate clients are crunching the same protein and I suspect the one your wife is trying to submit is a WU you have already folded and returned to Stanford.

Either use the same folding directory for both profiles or perform a "-config" on your wifes client and set it to Machine ID#2 in the adv options portion.
    edited June 2003
    Great!

I will try that. Its weird, they have crunched 2 different wu´s.
    edited June 2003
    Any luck there Mac?
    edited June 2003
    Havent logged in on her account for a day so i dont know. I´ll try tonite. Thanks Terry!