600 point yummies should be showing up soon!

edited December 2004 in Folding@Home
Well, there should be some new bigWU units worth 600 points showing up under -advmethods pretty soon and they are some tasty treats. My NF7-S machine just finished one yesterday at an average of 31:10 per frame for a point return of 1940 pts/wk and my A64 machine at 2350 is presently doing one at 27:28 per frame for a return of 2201 pts/wk. :eek::D Just remember that these are big wu's and will tax your machine; I don't recommend trying to run them with less than 512 MB ram unless it's a pure dedicated folding rig.

Just letting you know that there are some better wu's coming out pretty soon if you are running the -advmethods flag. :thumbsup:

Comments

• DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Sweet. I remember seeing a couple that were 621 points a while back, but was never lucky enough to get one. That coule easily let me score 12,000+ points a week.
    Hopefully this time around. Anything's better than these crappy gromacs I've been getting for the last week and half.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited December 2004
    w00t...........must have, lol!! Thanks for the info Mudd. Like DanG, we missed out too last time they had some real BIG ones. Love to try one. :)
  • edited December 2004
    Here's a screenie I captured off the A64 machine: :cool:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    isn't that a gromacs wu? which core are they using?
    hehe no one will be in the classroom for the next two weeks so yeah I guess we can call them dedicated folders for now!!! :thumbsup:
    Sure hope they don't get turned off or whacked! :shakehead
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited December 2004
    finally got one of the 600 point WU's today. :)
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited December 2004
    Sweet mother of God! I've got 2 of these suckers cookin' and I didn't know it. Wow. That's... huge :eek: 100 megs of ram, too!
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    No idea what the hell my AXP2000+ server was crunching yesterday but it was taking ~55 minutes per %. Geezz...
    edited December 2004
    It's taking 9:34 per frame (7/250 done so far), not too bad. All I did was use the -advmethods tag. :)
    edited December 2004
    entropy wrote:
    Sweet mother of God! I've got 2 of these suckers cookin' and I didn't know it. Wow. That's... huge :eek: 100 megs of ram, too!

I've got 2gigs on my main computer, the one that got the 600 point WU, so 100Megs used for memory doesn't even bother it.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited December 2004
    Lol, well, dual folding, Winamp, 2 messengers, Azureus (using 100 megs), and other stuff ... on 512 megs total ... is quite hefty ;D
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    I'll make sure that both of my fast folders have -adv set.
    I have been sucking mud lately. Between having machines down while I was away on vacation and the gromacs I have seen my point output drop. Maybe this will help me recover.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    I'm on 96% on my A64 machine at home(it's second in a row :D) and I'm slowly getting machines back up and running at work after the move, and even added a pair of new machines there, P4 2.8 prescotts. I noticed that 2 of the 5 machines that I got up and running today were going on the 1141's.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2004
    Finally got the Dualie back up and running today when I got back to the Apt. Both those CPUs have one of these.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited December 2004
    600 point "yummies"? Trust me, you'll hate them when a P4 that takes days to get halfway (dual folding) loses both of them due to a power outage. :banghead: :banghead:
    edited December 2004
    I lost power and didnt lose either of mine.
    edited December 2004
    :mad: just lost power for about 10 min. lost one 600 pointer, about halfway done. I checked the other machine I have with a 600 pointer and it's ok. Dangit, that 600 pointer was scheduled to be done at 9AM tomorrow. :mad::mad:
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited December 2004
    Whenever I lose power, I lose work units. It's cost me big time. I shut down during bad weather.
    edited December 2004
    Weedo wrote:
    Whenever I lose power, I lose work units. It's cost me big time. I shut down during bad weather.

actually this was not due to weather... it's been sunny, but cold here. Who knows what it was that caused my outage? The last time the power was out for any length of time was about two years ago when an airplane flew too low when it was coming in for a landing and it's wheels caught some power lines.
    edited December 2004
    What OSs? The last time I lost WUs like that was when I was on ME. Never had a problem with 2k or XP.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2004
    My dad lost a WU this morning when my mom turned on the microwave and toaster oven at the same time. (WinXP Home) :banghead:

I've been bugging him to buy a UPS and let me rewire the house so the computer is on a separate circuit...
    edited December 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    What OSs? The last time I lost WUs like that was when I was on ME. Never had a problem with 2k or XP.

the one that lost the WU... XP Pro
    the one that didn't... XP Home