Sally's new puters.(with mandatory pics)

dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
edited December 2004 in Folding@Home
After checking out Gnome's puter some time ago, we spotted a Tsunami Dream in the shop. Just had to have one too as a next case.

Sally's new main puter specs.

Intel P4 3.4 LGA775 @ 3.73
AA8XE 3RDEYE mobo
2 x 512 DDRII 533 ram
1 x 74G Raptor
1 x 200G WD sata
Eheim 1048 pump
SilverProp waterblock
BlackIce 120mm radiator
LG GSA 4120B DVD Burner

The pics show 3 H/D's, now 2. Also removed the NB cooling after pics were taken.

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited December 2004
    its alive!!!!
    that thing is nice :D
  • edited December 2004
    Damn, that is pretty Jon! :thumbsup:

What's the blue cylinder below the radiator, a reservoir?
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Now I see what made the sea level go down here !!!

Nice looking rig :thumbsup:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited December 2004
    This is the first Intel P4 LGA775 3.2 with AA8 mobo.

Specs.
    Intel P4 3.2 @ 3.53
    Abit AA8 Duramax mobo
    1 x 80G H/D
    2 x 512 DDRII 533 ram
    Tt BigWater W/Cooling
    Antec SuperLanboy case (#11)

Having problem adding pics now!! I'll try again later.
    edited December 2004
    muddocktor wrote:
    Damn, that is pretty Jon! :thumbsup:

What's the blue cylinder below the radiator, a reservoir?

That is correct Mudd. I was told i would not need one, however it gives a visual on flow and water level. Also easy to bleed the air out.

Considering it is the first home made water cooling project, we are very happy the way it turned out. Lots of searches in this forum gave us ideas, like radiator outside, etc.

The other water cooled ones are in pre made kit form. The Tt BigWater in 3 others do a brilliant job. Cool and quiet, can't ask for more.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    OMG

/me tears up

I am the reason for such a beautiful creation :bawling:
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    sorry offtopic

I'm redoing my watercooling setup during christmas break, i want some idea about where to mount my radiator. I want to keep it outside of the case, on top of the case or something. It's a dtek heatercore, have 2x120 mmfans mounted on it. Any ideas about how to do this guys??
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Start a thread in Cooling

Thats the first step! :mullet::thumbsup:
    edited December 2004
    Reason this thread is posted here...........it's about folding. 2 x HT=4 WU's. We are trying to do our bit to stave off the onslaught of so many, hehehe. ;D

F:fold:LD on Team #93. :thumbsup:

And yes Gnome..........it's your fault. You should not have done such a nice job of yours. :D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    That's really sweet! Well done mate :thumbsup:
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    That rectangular radiator looks VERY similar to the heater core I pulled out of my 89 Dodge Spirit a few months ago! That's probably what it is, an automotive heater core colored blue and 5 times the price.
  • edited December 2004
    Why'd you lose the NB cooling? Looks very nice BTW, I'm currenty trying to shoehorn all that amount of cooling into a Lian Li mid tower...having loads of fun too.
    edited December 2004
    madmat wrote:
    Why'd you lose the NB cooling? Looks very nice BTW, I'm currenty trying to shoehorn all that amount of cooling into a Lian Li mid tower...having loads of fun too.

Hi Mat, since we had a lot of problems caused by having to RMA a board and Sally having issues with beeping whilst i was at the mine, i thought i would see how it goes without the NB cooling. The little Abit one looks ok so i'll leave it to run a few weeks as is. Also less line restrictions, hoping for good flow.

I can imagine your fun with the Lian Li case. Lots of learning curves, lol.

Tim, you could be right. It's 120mm and not having seen your core, i would not know. I'm sure i could have done it cheaper, however time is not what i had to spare at that point of purchase.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2004
    That is so beautiful I want to cry. :bawling: :)
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited December 2004
    :respect:
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited December 2004
    Glad that the TT Bigwater kits worked out well for you. Apart from doing their job, can you give any info on what they were like to install, quality etc.
    edited December 2004
    Jimborae wrote:
    Glad that the TT Bigwater kits worked out well for you. Apart from doing their job, can you give any info on what they were like to install, quality etc.

Jimborae, i don't believe i have thanked you for the input to Sally when i was hard working trying to make a quid and she was spending it like we had a money tree out back, hehehe. All joking aside, they are brilliant bits of gear. I'll ask Sally later when she wakes up regarding temps. Nice and quiet, with a fan speed adjuster.

The only thing i found a problem was the instruction booklet. Bit hard to read for us "oldies". Sent an email off to TT and though i had it sussed by the time i set them up, at least i now have a pdf file of instructions. :)

Everything went well fitting it. The usual 4 bolts, water block, radiator, fan and pump. I put the little bottle reservoir high up on the back of the case. (left top in pic). The pump is held in place with 2 velcro strips. Put the pump outside the case to bleed the air from the system and no water in the case.

I give it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you need any other info, send a PM. Im only too happy to assist. :thumbsup:
  • PressXPressX Working! New
    edited December 2004
    :clap: Nice Job!...

So when is Sally going to teach you how to build one Jon? :D
    edited December 2004
    PressX wrote:
    :clap: Nice Job!...

So when is Sally going to teach you how to build one Jon? :D

Hehehe........when i learn about patience, lol. ;D

Oh by the way, MrX..........every dog has it's day. :D
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian