RC1974 Cranks Out First Cog!

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited December 2004 in Milestones
Yippee! Team 93 keeps growing and keeps getting better. Today we honor RC1974 for reaching the mighty 1,000 point milestone. Keep up the great job, RC! :thumbsup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=6190&stc=1

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Great job RC1974!!!! :thumbsup:
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited December 2004
    I should hit 2K before too long. Right now I've got my main computer and my laptop running F@H. I've even got my folks computer running F@H... they don't seem to mind, heck I built the stupid thing for them. I'd rebuild my old Athlon 700, but I'd hate to see how slow it cranks out WU's and I really don't need another loud, fan-infested machine right now. As for my cooling problem, it is ok for now, but I am thinking of water cooling, just for the sake of getting rid of the noise.

So far as for CPU's I have running F@H on:

1. Athlon 64 3200+
    2. Athlon 64 3400+
    3. Athlon XP 2600+
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited December 2004
    Looking at what you are folding with, no wonder you came from out of nowhere.

Congrats on your first of many, i'm sure, milestone RC.
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited December 2004
    I have one question. How often does short-media update the stats for F@H? As of now on 12-24-04 at 1:30PM MST, I show 18WU done, but on the F@H website I show 20WU being done.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2004
    rc1974 wrote:
    ...How often does short-media update the stats for F@H?...
    For the signature, about every 3-4 hours.

The stats are released in sort of a ripple effect. Individual stats are updated on Stanford's scoreboard as soon as the completed WU reaches Stanford's server. Every 3 hours Stanford releases an update which includes all teams and members in one easy to grab file. From that, Team 93 stats are sifted out and I get an email notifying me of all the milestones our members have reached for that update. The stats you see in your signature are cherry-picked the same way. The milestone post in this forum comes at the tail end of the process.