Abit IS7 Overclocking Thread

reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
edited August 2003 in Hardware
Hey guys, this thread is all about IS7 overclocking. This will be good to see how the 865PE compares to the 875P and how good Geil PC3500 Ultra is. Here is the mem bandwith at stock FSB, FSB strap at 667, CL 2-6-3-3, F1 with Command Per Clock enabled.

IS7default.jpg

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    That seems awfully low RBF. Whats up?

Set the fsb to 200 and run on 1:1 to see how far the memory goes. Change it to cas 2.5 later.

EDIT, saw now thats stock...sowwy, i´m blind sometimes.
  • reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited August 2003
    Well, so far things haven't been going so well. I am able to get the CPU up to 3.0Ghz, which is a 250Mhz FSB, but the RAM isn't so good. I can get it to about 211Mhz without PAT and timings of 2.5-6-3-3. At stock speed, I can get the memory to run CL 2-5-3-3 at 2.7V.
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited August 2003
    Well I traded my audigy 2 for an is7 not too long ago, but ever since i haven't been able to get the $$$ to buy a cpu, but i finally found an awesome deal p4 3.0c for $175. That's cheaper than the 2.4c :O Can't wait to oc this system
  • reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited August 2003
    In your case, I would get the best RAM I could, because there is no way you will be able to get to a 1Ghz FSB with a 3.0Ghz chip. Well, maybe if you had a vapochill or somehting. But basically, there isn't enough headroom to get that much of an overclock out of that chip. You will mostlikely be able to get to a FSB of 210 keeping your mem in sync. For you there is no way to run Async because the memory would be so slow compared to stock that it would be better to run stock speeds. let us know what RAM and what happens with your overclock.