DVD's - No sound using Media Player

edited August 2006 in Hardware
There is probably an easy fix to what is likely to be a dumb question. I am trying to watch pre-recorded DVD's using Windows Media Player (v 10.0). Although the picture quality is good I am hearing no audio. I have checked the usual suspects (muted internal speakers etc) but still no audio. Audio CD's play fine.

I have tried DVD's from two regions (2 and 4) and both have no audio. If anyone knows how to sort this out it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Have an AC3 audio codec?
  • edited August 2006
    zola25 wrote:
    There is probably an easy fix to what is likely to be a dumb question. I am trying to watch pre-recorded DVD's using Windows Media Player (v 10.0). Although the picture quality is good I am hearing no audio. I have checked the usual suspects (muted internal speakers etc) but still no audio. Audio CD's play fine.

I have tried DVD's from two regions (2 and 4) and both have no audio. If anyone knows how to sort this out it would be much appreciated.
  • Private_SnoballPrivate_Snoball Dover AFB, DE, USA
    edited August 2006
    zola25 wrote:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=66022&package_id=63808

DL and install that, its the AC3 audio codec filter from ac3's site. get the 1.09a I believe it is (the top one) and you should be good to go.