Yet another SATA problem

2»

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited January 2005
    Tmod wrote:
    Well everytime I link it changes so just go to Silicon Images site and under support go to the resource center and then click on CRC at the bottom then downloads and then bios then 3112A, You should now have two options. Just pick the bios link.

Just read the top and you will see they actually have three different bios's included with the file. A Raid for Add-in, A IDE for Add-in , and the OEM for the motherboards.

Tmod
    You know what.... I'm such a dumb ass. I actually knew that. I see those files everyday when I mod a BIOS for someone after downloading them off the SI site. Sorry dude, I must have banged my head or something. Of course there are two different types for add-in cards. God I really do embarrass myself sometimes. ;D Doh!

/me gives himself a slap.
    edited January 2005
    Vanity wrote:
    Yes, when I plug in the SATA cable from the drive to the card, the optical drive shows up on start up, it is surely detected and recognized. But I cant boot from any drive when it is connected, HDDs, Optical drives, floppy, or even the SATA optical drive itself.

I will give the cable a shot when I log off, I doubt it will help, but I will post if it does.

Thank you guys for hanging in there, and still posting about my problem!

Cheers
    Vanity
    Okay well that lessens then the possibility of it being a in-compatiblity if it's being detected, but if you've tried all RAID/IDE BIOS and driver combinations it still wouldn't necessarily point to being a driver problem either.

My next finger point would then be at possibly the motherboard, but you said you've got the latest BIOS flashed for that so short of it being a config issue in the BIOS e.g boot order etc I'm not sure what to suggest.

Try changing a few things round in your boot order and boot priority settings in your BIOS again, also make sure you've got the latest chipset drivers installed for your mobo.

Have another fiddle as I've suggested and post back.

Cheers
  • edited January 2005
    Spinner wrote:
    Try changing a few things round in your boot order and boot priority settings in your BIOS again, also make sure you've got the latest chipset drivers installed for your mobo.

I think I have tried every single combination of boot order, I also tried to unpluck my other optical drives, to see if that would help, it didnt.

You have a link to a page with chipset drivers? I believe my chipset is Intel845, but not 100% sure. My MB is a Asus P4B266, should be possible to find out what chipset that card uses.
    edited January 2005
    Vanity wrote:
    I think I have tried every single combination of boot order, I also tried to unpluck my other optical drives, to see if that would help, it didnt.

You have a link to a page with chipset drivers? I believe my chipset is Intel845, but not 100% sure. My MB is a Asus P4B266, should be possible to find out what chipset that card uses.
    Intel Platform drivers: http://www.intel.com/design/software/drivers/platform/inf.htm

There isn't any chipset drivers listed on the ASUS site for your board. Only audio drivers. Try the above linked to drivers and post back.

Cheers
  • edited July 2005
    Seems like I've got the same prob, except with harddrive. I Altso got an Asus motherboard.
    see: http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34888

Did you guys find any solutions?