Any Short-Media members make the Phantom console beta test?

2»

Comments

• CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Was having a browse of news pages today. Here are some links:
    Phantom appears to be living up to the hype, with a 2GHz to 3GHz processor, a 120 GB hard drive and a WinXPe kernel that loads in eight seconds.
    http://www.dailygame.net/Articles/Previews/phantom_aug.phtml
    The unit will contain a Intel 3GHZ processor, 100gig hard-drive, 10/100 Base-T Ethernet card, four controller ports, 2 USB slots, Digital 7.1 surround sound support, S-Video/RCA components, and on-board RF wireless modules.
    http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media/1061100635.html
    I talked to the Tim Roberts guy on the phone when he returned my call ( 22 days after I left a message ) and when I asked him about all this...he HUNG UP ON ME. I asked him if he was looking for investors, he said "We are actively recruiting investors". I asked him if they had any consoles on hand, he said "We have several hundred prototype models here in the office". So then I asked him where the prototypes were made, he said "right here in our facility". Then I told him I had seen his 100ft x 100ft office space conveniently[sp] located next to Missing Link Art Gallery in the strip mall ( located at 5380 Gulf of Mexico Dr. Longboat Key, Fl 34228 ) and he went NUTS!!! "WHO THE F*** IS THIS!?!?! BLAH BLAH I'LL SUE YOU".
    http://www.ferrago.co.uk/story/1984

It all seems like pie in the sky to me.

~Cyrix
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited September 2003
    I talked to the Tim Roberts guy on the phone when he returned my call ( 22 days after I left a message ) and when I asked him about all this...he HUNG UP ON ME. I asked him if he was looking for investors, he said "We are actively recruiting investors". I asked him if they had any consoles on hand, he said "We have several hundred prototype models here in the office". So then I asked him where the prototypes were made, he said "right here in our facility". Then I told him I had seen his 100ft x 100ft office space conveniently[sp] located next to Missing Link Art Gallery in the strip mall ( located at 5380 Gulf of Mexico Dr. Longboat Key, Fl 34228 ) and he went NUTS!!! "WHO THE F*** IS THIS!?!?! BLAH BLAH I'LL SUE YOU".

I bet this little console just 'disappears'.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    CBDroege said
    Alot of good stuff.

Hmmm, a valid point, never even crossed my mind..... Maybe I shouldn't have filled out that beta tester application....

My scam alarm went off a little too late it seems...
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited September 2003
    Wow!!!

CyrixInstead and CBDroege, you guys have definately done your homework.

Given the information you guys have pointed out, you have definately raised my skeptisism.

Great work.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited September 2003
    Ok, specs while watching streaming video:

Custom OS on Windows XP Kernel
    Up to 3GHz Processor
    Up to 256MB DDR Ram
    nVidia Graphics
    Dolby Digital 7.1 Surround sound
    Intel Motherboard
    100+ GB Internal Hard drive
    On board RF wireless modules
    S-Video, RCA, Component Video and PAL
    10/100 Base Ethernet
    Wireless controller
    Wireless keyboard and mouse
    2 USB ports
    4 controller ports
    12' port extension cable

It is a freaken computer with no CD-ROM, and may I mention pay-per-play
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Exactly Danball
  • hoojhooj Bournemouth, UK
    edited September 2003
    Over at [H]ard|OCP they've got an interesting article all about the Phantom and Infinium Labs

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTEy
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Up to 256MB DDR Ram
    and No CD-Rom.

Not just a broken computer, it's an Obsolete broken computer :sad:

NS