.psd to .jpg

edited January 2005 in Internet & Media
I have played around with some photos on photoshop and the files have changed from .jpg to .psd, as I am a beginner with these things I need to ask.

How do I change the format back to .jpg in order for the pics to work like a normal pic? Sending it to others is a hassle with this .psd format.

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    File -> save copy as -> Select JPG, save. Done.
  • edited January 2005
    Wow..that is certainly proof that I am a dummy.

Hope my wife doesnt read this or she'll never let me live it down.

Thanks for the help =)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2005
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2005
    ohhh the blackmail
  • FreemymelodyFreemymelody On Earth
    edited January 2005
    Armo wrote:
    ohhh the blackmail

hahaha ;D
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2005
    Some tips...

If these files are from a digital camera, bear in mind that you have likely now saved over the original photo. That's why I always like to make a "work" copy when touching up a digital photo. I copy the JPG file from the directory where the photos were imported to from the camera, and paste the copy to a "Photo Work" directory. Then I do any adjustments I want to make: red-eye reduction, brighten up the image, paint out something I don't want, etc. I then save the work copy as a PSD in case I want to adjust it furthre later, and as a JPG for mailing or online display. That way, I always have the original photo untouched in the original directory.

Another thing you may want to try is instead of saving the way Thrax told you, go to the File menu and choose "Save For Web." This opens up a new window, and gives you some advanced options for saving to JPG, GIF, or PNG. You can adjust the final file size, preview the image in a browser window, and see previews of how different quality settings will affect the final image. It's a handy feature which I use almost every time I want to save to a JPG or GIF.

Dexter...
  • edited January 2005
    Thanks for all the feedback. Just got Photoshop, and still learning the basics. Trying to learn alot of the basic things involved with it.

There any good links on making avatars anywhere? Im just a beginner at it but I would like to play around with it a bit.
  • FreemymelodyFreemymelody On Earth
    edited January 2005
    Locust wrote:
    Thanks for all the feedback. Just got Photoshop, and still learning the basics. Trying to learn alot of the basic things involved with it.

There any good links on making avatars anywhere? Im just a beginner at it but I would like to play around with it a bit.

Now that you have Photoshop and learning the tools,
    by any chance you have Adobe ImageReady?
    In ImageReady, you can make animated, flashing avatars.
    Basically a series of "gif images".

But to make a simple avatar with no flashing or animation,
    you could just use Photoshop.
  • edited January 2005
    No, no Imageready at the moment. That is the type of stuff i was interesting in playing around with though, think I'm gonna meander over and pick that one up. Tanks for the tip