Linksys WRT54GS (Wired to Wireless) Question

PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
edited January 2005 in Science & Tech
I have a Linksys WRT54GS that I'm using the wired connection to my desktop and a wireless connection to my roommate's laptop. I'm trying to figure out how to disable the wireless connection's ability to bridge to the computers connected via a wire. On my Netgear router, it was called something like "Disable Wired to Wireless Bridge." Anybody know of a way to do this with a Linksys or am I missing something? I already have file and printer sharing disabled, but I'd like to disable this setting as well if I can. Thanks.

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2005
    couldnt u just diable the ethernet plug on the laptop? i guess im not quite sure of the question
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Armo,
    Sorry..I may not be getting my question across. I was talking about the router's ability to bridge between a wired and a wireless connection. I want to disable that, so that anyone who sees the wireless connection can't mess with my computer on the wired one. I've already hid my SSID, enabled encryption, enabled MAC address filtering, and changed the default username/password/SSID/channel.
  • Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited January 2005
    Using the latest firmware, there is an option in Wireless > Advanced Settings called "AP Isolation" Turn it ON :)

Report back if that doesn't do the trick!
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Thanks a million, Park. That was it. I just missed it when I was searching the Linksys websites and user guide.