440 New PC's Conducting a Burn-In

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited January 2005 in Folding@Home
Fermilab runs "Burn-in" Tests on it's Grid Computing Center every time it purchases large numbers of rack nodes, which is between two and four times a year....

11 racks of 40 nodes each..... Each of them are at least 3 GHz each...... GRRRRRRR Must take over the "burn-in" project.....

1.320 THz of Folding power!!!!!!! We'd be move up the ranks VERY fast with that.

But alas.... that team is run by a SETI guy that will not move away from aliens... :shakehead

Comments

• a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited January 2005
    I'm not knocking SETI, nor anyone that runs it. I just don't understand why people use their CPU cycles hunting for something that might not exist when we know things like HIV, Hepatitis C, alzheimers, etc. do exist and are affecting millions upon millions of people. Oh well. To each his own, I guess. Sure hope they find ET and that ET has the cure for mankind's diseases.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Ya, I agree. I was all for SETI@Home when it came out. But when F@H came out, I jumped ship. Heck, Stanford has several grad. students and small projects running here, why not help those that are helping you.