Leaving a .cda session open?

MERRICKMERRICK In the studio or on a stage
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
I burn alot of reference audio CDs (.cda) and sometimes it'll be like only 1~2 songs. Seems like a waste of CD space. I was wondering if there is a way/program to leave an audio CD session open so I can fill it up as I go? I have NERO Burning ROM but though the option to keep session open on an audio CD is checked, I can't add anymore files after the burn. :scratch:

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    You can't do it for an audio CD, you can obviously with data CD's. The reason is simply because to make a audio CD playable on standalones (i.e not on a PC) the disc needs to be properly finalized, leaving the session open by not finalizing it will essentially make it unplayable on anything but a PC, which kind of defies the point of an AUDIO CD.

Cheers
  • MERRICKMERRICK In the studio or on a stage
    edited June 2003
    A program that alows you to burn CDs that can "fool" CD players to think they're finalized and yet enables you to add or delete .cda files anytime after the initial burn.

Now that would be one hell of a program if someone could write it.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Damn right. Er... well don't look at me.;) :aol:
    edited June 2003
    I wonder if it's a question of being too difficult to do or if no one ever thought it would catch on to be worth their time?
    edited June 2003
    Very interesting. Worth a try.
    edited June 2003
    Another thread where a disgruntled ex-member pulled his posts! Jeez!

Anyway I posed this same question here:

http://www.icronticforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=922

And I can't try this for another 2 weeks since my schedule can't conform.

Basically:

"Try burning in "Track at once" mode and make sure that "Finialise CD" is unticked."

-NightShade737