Pinnacle Capture Card

edited January 2005 in Internet & Media
Hey i just recently purchased a pci pinnacle capture card. I am trying to run a vhs tape into my computer. The card has video in and out svideo in and out and firewire. I am attempting to us AV cables to get the video in from vcr and then i plug the other two audio cables into a cable that plugs into my mic port. I get perfect sound and everything, but when i capture video all i get is a green screen. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2005
    Which input are you using? Composite (regualr video) or S-video? Is there a setting inthe capture software which lets you choose, or does it auto-select by checking the input? Check to see if you need to manually set the correct video source.

Dexter...
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited January 2005
    As Dexter said, it's probably a software setting. I'll assume you're using Pinnacle Studio 8 or 9 and if so there's an option to choose source in there from the Capture menu.

Also, you should really use Line In for your audio, you're liable to overload the Mic In input with line level audio and possibly get distorted audio.

Normally, video signals from the VCR are taken via the composite video output, either through a 'Scart' multi pin socket or more normally in The States, from RCA type phono plugs.

Good luck.