cheap domains

edited February 2005 in Internet & Media
i am thinking of getting a domain name, does anyone know of good cheap ones? ;)

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    everyone uses godaddy or dotster.
  • edited January 2005
    I'm using 1and1, not sure if they're the cheapest, but I've got no complaints.
  • edited January 2005
    yea, i am was thinking about using godaddy, thats what i might get :D
  • RewiredRewired Member
    edited February 2005
    Yep, I just registered my domain name today with Go Daddy. I've used them in the past. I would also recommend them. I have a question for you folks, I'm looking for a free counter that can list the IP address of my viewers and also what URL they got to my site from. I've used Bravenet.com counters before but I'm worried they have pop-ups or find away of some how puting ads somewhere. Does anyone have any experence with Bravenet counters or could anyone recommend another free service. Geocities hosts my website and the're site statistic are limited. Ok thank you all so much for your time. Here's the brand new site: www.slowchildren.org I use domain masking. I would like to be able use sub directories off the domain. Would this be possible?
  • RewiredRewired Member
    edited February 2005
    I’m sorry for being redundant, but I want to be able to see where people are being referred to my site from. Is this going to be impossible because I use domain forwarding? People get forwarded to my site from my Go Daddy bought domain. I'm assuming domain forwarding is fancy term for a redirect. If so, all my refer sites will be my domain name and not the site they actually referred form.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    If your host will install it, or you have perl support, the best free stats program out there is awstats.