email notifications...

2»

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    Prime - did you get my PM this afternoon? :)
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I think I may have fixed it....more to come ;)
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited April 2005
    -tk wrote:
    I think I may have fixed it....more to come ;)
    Still nothing for me, nada, zip, zilch, nowt. :(
    edited April 2005
    Spinner wrote:
    Still nothing for me, nada, zip, zilch, nowt. :(
    I'm getting ready to sort the Milestones manually... :bawling:

I don't mean to be a nag...

...I just can't help it. ;D

I've heard that accepting yourself as you really are is the first step toward inner peace. I feel better for getting that off my chest. :vimp:
    edited April 2005
    What's the word? Do we know what the problem is?
    edited April 2005
    Spinner wrote:
    What's the word? Do we know what the problem is?
    I switched my S-M email of record to a gmail account and they started coming in. Make sure you have the S-M address in your gmail contacts list - they were marking about half of my messages as spam...

Even if it's a temporary fix it's better than nothing. They have POP forwarding now, too, so you can probably still use your preferred email program.

I'm still not getting the milestone notices. Don't make me start begging - it won't be pretty... :wink:
    edited April 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    I switched my S-M email of record to a gmail account and they started coming in. Make sure you have the S-M address in your gmail contacts list - they were marking about half of my messages as spam...

Even if it's a temporary fix it's better than nothing. They have POP forwarding now, too, so you can probably still use your preferred email program.

I'm still not getting the milestone notices. Don't make me start begging - it won't be pretty... :wink:
    So a Gmail account is now a requirement to get thread subscription notifications from Short-Media? ;D :shakehead

I don't have a Gmail account, nor do I want one particularly, I like using my normal stead fast e-mail address of yore. ;D

Meh! I never wanted a new server anyway, who needs speed and load carrying ability. I just want the last week’s thread notification e-mails!

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

/me goes off to try and fix it himself
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I have not had any in about a week.

Spam filter is not getting them.

Isp has not stopped them.

???

Scott
    edited April 2005
    A riot is an ugly zing, unt, I think dat it is just about time dat ve had vone! :rant:
    edited April 2005
    Well, being serious for a moment ;D, I took a leaf out of Prof's book and changed my e-mail address in my User CP to my work one (and no, it wasn't a bloody Gmail one), and they've started coming in again, but no sign of the tonnes I imagine I've missed from the last week or so. I've now changed my e-mail in my User CP back to what it was, my personal one. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the problem stays fixed now I've changed it back. :shakehead :scratch::wtf::confused::rolleyes::mad::(:scratch::wtf::)
    edited April 2005
    Spinner wrote:
    ...I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the problem stays fixed now I've changed it back...
    I tried going back to my original email address a couple days ago. I'm sorry to say it didn't work. Hope your luck is better than mine. :(
    edited April 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    I tried going back to my original email address a couple days ago. I'm sorry to say it didn't work. Hope your luck is better than mine. :(
    Nope, it's not working for me either. Doh!

Guys? What's the deal? :scratch:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I'll remind -tk of this thread again. :(
    edited April 2005
    Use a bigger stick this time. ;D

I kiddeth thee. ;)
    edited April 2005

He is subscribed to this thread. He should be getting .....oh ya , nevermind. :D
    edited April 2005
    scott wrote:
    He is subscribed to this thread. He should be getting .....oh ya , nevermind. :D
    ;D
  • edited April 2005
    I'm not geting mine either. I haven't gotten any for a long time. :(

bikerboy
    edited April 2005
    bikerboy wrote:
    I'm not geting mine either. I haven't gotten any for a long time. :(

bikerboy
    Mines actually now fixed, don't know exactly who fixed it, but it's working again. No word on what it was yet though.

How long exactly has it been since you've not had any e-mails come in? Have you got any junk mail filters installed or anything? My e-mail trouble only started a couple of weeks ago when the SM server was upgraded.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I fixed yours Spinner.

How did I do such a thing?

I changed your email address to mine and saved. Changed it back to yours and its working now.

Hint/tip for those who have problems... change your email addy and then put it back again .. yes it's the LONG way round back it works from what I can tell :)
    edited April 2005
    Mine started coming again yesterday. About 3 days ago i changed the email address and back again. It did not seem to work at the time.

But I am getting them now.

Thanks

Scott
    edited April 2005
    scott wrote:
    ...About 3 days ago i changed the email address and back again. It did not seem to work at the time...
    That was exactly what happened in my case, too. Twice, with different addresses.

-tk has me all set now, though. Thanks, everybody. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    But beware that when you do that you'll get an automated welcome from me again ;D
    edited April 2005
    Shorty wrote:
    I fixed yours Spinner.

How did I do such a thing?

I changed your email address to mine and saved. Changed it back to yours and its working now.

Hint/tip for those who have problems... change your email addy and then put it back again .. yes it's the LONG way round back it works from what I can tell :)
    I did that last week and it didn't help. That was the first thing I tried. Still it seems to be working fine now though. Thanks mate.
  • edited April 2005
    I'm getting mine again. I dunno how though...I didn't do anything. :scratch:

bikerboy
    edited April 2005
    bikerboy wrote:
    I'm getting mine again. I dunno how though...I didn't do anything. :scratch:

bikerboy
    I think Mr Shorty is just playing games with us all. He certainly likes tormenting me periodically. To be honest, I've learned to love it, and I'd miss it if he didn't do it. ;)