OCZ 420w PSU unusable

pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
edited February 2005 in Hardware
I bought an OCZ PSU back in early November, ran fine for about a month, then took a dive on me. That was in an xp3800 system with a radeon x800 XT. Stuck it in an xp2500 with a 9800 Pro and it could barely get to Windows before crashing, when it would boot at all.

Up until the time it started messing up, all three rails were dead on, the one day I booted up the machine and I started having problems.

Model number is as follows: Model# OCZ420ADJ

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Have you measured the lines separatly wit ha multimeter or have you only read via software? Does it get exceptionally warm or anything like that?

I'm not sure which model you got there, but is there 2 of those 4-pins P4 connectors?
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    That model is the one with the adjustable rails. I haven't tested it independent of the systems yet, don't have a tester. The fans all run fine and it got warm, but nothing more than other PSUs that I've had.

Will post more detailed info when I get home this afternoon and take a look at it.
    edited February 2005
    Bump!

pigflipper, any news about your powersupply?
    edited February 2005
    yeah, sorry, kinda got distracted by life, ya know?
    edited February 2005
    lol, yeah, i know. I'm home from work for a month, taking care of my little baby girl here. Man, can kids keep a man busy or what?

Is the powersupply still dead/bad? If so, let me know and i'll replace it for you asap.
    edited February 2005
    yeah, its still dead, finally got a tester on it, 12v is running about 9.3 and the 5v is running about 4.1
    edited February 2005
    Dauymn. Email me and i'll get you a new one asap.