Colored power cables? Do they even exist?

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Do PC power cables in different colors: say, green, blue, red, etc. exist, or do they only come in black & tan? If they do exist, where can I get them?

Comments

• ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    You might want to try seasonal in wal-mart or somewhere, might find one, but I don't know for sure. Or just get some electrical tape and have some ghetto fun, hehe
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited June 2003
    I have never seen anything other than black, white, and gray. I am sure other colors exist, but I have never seen any. And they probably would be extremely overpriced. Perhaps try painting your own?

~dodo
    edited June 2003
    You may be able to use a typicaly extension cord (from HomeDepot or something) and cut off the end and then find the proper power supply connector (might be found at HomeDepot) and connect them together.

~dodo
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    All macs post G4-era come with clear-sheathed cables and rainbow-colored internal wires. If you can find those, they look pretty cool.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    But since it's a Mac product, it'll be overpriced. :p
    edited June 2003
    I think personally i'll stick with a black cable.

~dodo
  • MarkTAWMarkTAW Brooklyn, NY
    edited June 2003
    If the purpose is to identify the cable, a bit of colored tape at each end is a good idea.

If it's decorative... I've never seen anything like it. Maybe we can make a few and sell them to case modders. :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I think he's talking about the plain old power-cord-that-goes-to-the-wall, guys.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Yup, prime hit the nail on the head... but I had plans for the power leads to the devices internally too.
  • OldDogOldDog Whittier,Ca.
    edited June 2003
    You might try auto supply stores (Pep boys, etc.) for vinyl
    upholstery spray. I've used it for car seats and it's flexible and
    wears well. Covers like spray paint, and the outer sheathing
    of most power cords is made of vinyl.
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited June 2003
    So that is what power cords are made of. I was thinking of that a couple days ago. Good idea OldDog, I might do that to the power cable on my case. "When in doubt, paint it blue."
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Thanks, OldDog. I think that you've come up with the solution to my modding problem here!