Does anyone own a Sidewinder 2? Need Drivers...

Ghaleon4Ghaleon4 South Oklahoma
edited April 2007 in Hardware
I have NO idea why Microsoft has not made publicly available Sidewinder 4.0 software that's compatible with Windows XP, but that's just the case. The only place they can be found, is on the CD that comes with the Sidewinder ForceFeedback 2 joystick.
If anyone has that CD, I'll be your friend forever, if you'll send me the setup files.
;)

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Ummm... It being a Microsoft product, aren't the drivers already bundled with Windows? You should just be able to plug it in and go.
  • Ghaleon4Ghaleon4 South Oklahoma
    edited February 2005
    I should've anticipated that response...
    Yes it works, but I can't program any buttons, set force feedback settings, and actually...forcefeedback won't work in a lot of games without the software on that CD. I don't know why microsoft has refused to release their best drivers publicly on the internet...
    The drivers that come in Windows XP are quite pathetic.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    a quick google, i found this, looks like u need to register to download the driver, i believe it's free.

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=77513
    edited February 2005
    I JUST found that two seconds ago, lol...
    (I've been googling on and off for something like that for the past month, and never stumbled across it until now)

I can't be SURE that it's exactly what I need, but I'm 99.999% positive it is.
    Must wait until I get home, grrr...
    edited February 2005
    Those drivers worked like a charm.
    I hope this thread will help anyone else that needs these drivers as well.
  • edited April 2007
    Yes I have a Microsoft Sidewinder game controller and it hasn't worked so I'm hoping this driver will help.
    edited April 2007
    Oh yeah, I forgot to state my results! (Man, this thread started a long time ago!).
    Yes, these drivers worked perfectly. Let me know how they work for u 2!
  • edited April 2007
    Wait...it didn't help... I have a Microsoft Sidewinder and when I try to install it, it says that my game port or game port drivers are not properly configured? I could use some help...

Thanks