Sig Gen code and SSE...

EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Folding@Home
Before I pop off to work, I am having an issue with F@H while using the -advmethods and -forceasm commands. It uses SSE for the first unit then reverts back to 3DNow!

Secondly, does lysevald (sp?) mind if I have a look at the source code the sig generator as there are a few things I would like to do with it, and create my own sigs, and it's always easier to reverse engineer (I can already to text overlays and outputs to certain image encode types, but there are other things like references that I would like to know how they are executed).

Thanks,
NS

Comments

• a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited August 2003
    Use 3.25 beta
    NightShade737 said
    Before I pop off to work, I am having an issue with F@H while using the -advmethods and -forceasm commands. It uses SSE for the first unit then reverts back to 3DNow!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Yes if you have 3.24 it will use SSE the first time and then go to 3dnow boost. Thats the ONLY difference in 3.25 beta.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Cheers.

I thought it was the 3.24 needed for that, not the 3.25. Oh well, done it now, wasted a few hours though..... :sad2:

Still burning up though.

Don't forget the code Lse :buck:

NS
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    He doesnt visit here very often. Ask Keebler for it tho.

If you do want to make changes give it to Keebler and he can test it on the Dev server first before it goes live. Just in case.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I have my own server, which is how I have learned and implemented PHP, as I said, I have done overlays and encoding in PHP before, I just need to see some other points.

i.e. my uptime - uptime

But anyway, i'll contact GK.

Cheers,
    NS