Milestone flood....

EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Community
Normally browse the forums via the "View new posts" button, but now it's being flodded by the "Notible Milestones" forum. Care to filter that out when you get the time?

kthx Shortz :rolleyes2

NS

Comments

• WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    i dont see that tis really a problem...u should congradulate and be aware of ur fellow folders...but thats just my 2 cents
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    WuGgaRoO said
    i dont see that tis really a problem...u should congradulate and be aware of ur fellow folders...but thats just my 2 cents

If I wanted to do that then I would visit the Milestone forum, but the thing is, I thought this was a tech site, and when I come here I like to be able to actually find new and/or relevant tech threads rather than having to sift through masses of uselessness.

But thats just my 2 pence.

NS
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    NightShade737 said
    Normally browse the forums via the "View new posts" button, but now it's being flodded by the "Notible Milestones" forum. Care to filter that out when you get the time?

kthx Shortz :rolleyes2

NS

Don't "kthx" me and then :rolleyes2 when making a request. Asking politely gets responses, not sarcasm.

I can't edit out milestones without some serious hacking. I have attempted it but it's deep in the functions and screws up ALOT of other functions (as searchID's are a seperate function in themselves).

I've been looking for a hack for sometime that would filter out those threads but for the moment, it is not possible.

We have asked the milestones group to cut back on the number posted and steady the pace, so it's not a "flood" (which I admit it is).

It's in progress with an undetermined ETA.

Sorry.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Make this the tech site you want it to be. You are a member and members make the site. They are the reason why other people want to come here and join up. Because of members like all of us working to make it a tech site.

The tech portion of this site can engulf the folding teams threads if members make it that way. Its up to everyone here to make it the tech site everyone wants to visit.
    edited August 2003
    Not really, but I see your point.

Shorty: That was a joke, hint the smiley and kthx, as I dont think anyone could ever use kthx seriously, but nevermind.

Anyway, and example of what I meant.

NS
    edited August 2003
    But have you looked at the past several days. Milestones could be like that every day if they were all posted. There are 120 a week. Keebler posted a few today.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    It's a momentary inconvenience. I haven't posted any in five days and finally had time to get them out. If you'd like to assist me so I can spread them out more, be sure to let me know. People like getting recognized, or I wouldn't spend 2 hours of my day doing it. I do my best to keep it spread out, but sometimes it just isn't possible.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Consider it done.

I just bagged a VBulletin developer on yahoo and begged for a quick fix. Applied and works.

Il fix the hot threads as well. Spam ya milestones :thumbsup:
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    Agreed it's a flood this time, but to be fair, shouldn't all non tech forums be taken out of "view new"? Such as The Pub.

:confused:
    edited August 2003
    They did at the old Icrontic, but I don't have anything against the pub being in there at the moment as it doesnt flood it at all, only one here and there.

NS
    edited August 2003
    Pub isnt that active at the moment.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited August 2003
    I think we've ran out of beer.

kthx