Lost the folding farm..

lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
edited March 2005 in Folding@Home
Had about 8 Pee 3's 800MHz in our test lab at work go offline. We had a backup ISDN circuit there, and I threw the machines in the DMZ for internet access. Turns out that the dial out number (dial on demand) was long distance (which no one knew), and the connection was staying active too long after each connection. To make a long story short.. We had some pretty nasty long distance charges start to accumulate. They were online since October.. Needless to say, I had to take down the machines.. temporarily of course.. :thumbsup: .

Within a few months, we'll have a new frac-DS3 pipe put in, and I'll be sure to have a DMZ line to our test lab once again.. this time with no usage charges :mullet:

On a positive note, I now have a 2.7GHz A64 in the fold.. And Paroxym (who works with me) found.. oh, 13 Pee 4's wishing to donate. So individually, my production may be the pits, but collectively, team 93 should be up :thumbsup: .. which is awesome..

Comments

• DonutDonut Maine New
    edited February 2005
    Good to here that your farm will be back soon. :thumbsup:
    And congrats on Paroxyms find! Acording to EOC stats, I should be roadkill in about 20 days. :sawed:
    :smokin:
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited March 2005
    The farm is back :thumbsup:

Production is climbing once again. 24hr Average is around 600-700 points now. PeeThree Power! :mullet:

My new A64 is chewing through WUs like nothing!

6 Machines in the farm, P3 600MHz-866MHz, I set some of them to fold small WUs only, as they take way too long with the 300+ pointers. One of them will be finishing my 1000th WU soon too :D
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Nice, glad to hear it!!!!! :mullet:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    w00t! :Rocker:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2005
    Great to hear lemonlime. Perfect timing too. "Take back the top 10". :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    YES! Thank you, lemonlime!