Winproducer and problem.....

edited February 2005 in Internet & Media
PLEASE......Please, does any one know why WinProducer2 won't let me open an existing project that I am working on? It's a .wpp file that I would REALLY like to get to, as much work has gone into it already. Some of my best work!!!!....actuallly only been doing video editing for about a week now...but it is my best yet....LOL.

Any help from the crew here would be VERY muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Harry

Comments

• edited February 2005
    Well, I read your PM, and I asked what version you used, but now I know what your problem is. WinProducer2 is chalk full of bugs.

I'll send you a PM in a few seconds.
  • edited February 2005
    AARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG it seems I have problems with my project file when either editing in sound, or if the .wpp file gets to big. Man, I was this close to finishing this off too.........even a .wpp file (of this particular project) which I checked to be able open, moved a copy safely away won't open .............................. It's like I make one extra step, or add one thing in and..........DRATS

Thanks for letting me vent gents, just wondering why all of a sudden WinProducer won't open a project file.

Harry
  • edited February 2005
    What exactly does it do? Are you not able to open the file still?
  • edited February 2005
    Just a clarification gents, it will begin to open the project file, but when it reaches 100% it stalls, and then I get an "error signature" box with this info in it:

AppName: winproducer.exe AppVer: 3.1.1.45 ModName: winproducer.exe
    ModVer: 3.1.1.45 Offset: 000911c1

Does this help in tryin' to figure out what it is? Could it be something in my system that isn't "acting" fast enough........? I'm stumped.

Of all the video editing software I've looked at, Winproducer has a very workable format. I like the way I can have two videos in the same work area, taking from one into the other. It's almost like working in layers as in Adobe Photoshop.

Well, here's hoping that someone has a brain far...errrr.....wave!

Harry
  • edited February 2005
    Hehehe, we must have posted at the same time thesmj.

I can reopen smaller files that I've done, even a while back. Has it something to do with the .wpp size? It's a good thing this computer does well for flightsimmin', or it'd be out that window!

Harry
  • edited February 2005
    I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the filesize directly or not, but yeah, this would piss me off too.

You could try asking Intervideo about the problem. Just tell them you're using the trial version of 3.
  • edited February 2005
    ONE FREAKIN' SOUND FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One 86kb sound file was causing all the blankety blankety grieve for me and this software I would really like to use.

Hey TheSmJ !!! Thanks for all your help ....... I appreciate your very quick response to my problem. I discovered the problem file while trying out InterVideo WinDVD Creator. It crashed the instant I tried to use that friggin' little sound file. Just about got my video done with that program, gonna go back to WinProduce 3 and see if I can finish the project without that little bugger...(as you can tell, I'm a little ticked at that file...sounds good in my helo in flightsim, but ......) :) I'm gonna keep hangin' at this board all the same, lesson's to be learned by all of us!!!

See ya later gents....

(OH yea, the computer is still on my desk, not out the window) PHEW!!!
  • edited February 2005
    Happy you figured it out, and glad you decided to stick around. :thumbsup: