How create a dll file in VHDL?

edited February 2005 in Internet & Media
How could I create a ".dll" file written in VHDL to use it in another programe written in Delphi or C (for example)?
Is it posible? how?

Thankssss!!!!!!!

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited February 2005
    oh geez. im pretty sure I can look it up for you, what compiler are you using?
  • edited February 2005
    Hi TheBaron!!!

I don´t know yet what kind of compiler I'm gonna to use, because I just want to know if it was possible to "include" a VDHL programme in a more general Delphi programme.
    But to have an idea, I supose that I'll use Xilinx WebPack, because I have used it at the Faculty.
    I don't know if now it will be easier to answer or solve mi problem.

Thanks a lot!!
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    I don't think it's possible...VHDL is a hardware description language...used for programing FPGAs and other compatible devices.

I may be mistaken though. Could you give me a better idea of what you are trying to do.
  • edited February 2005
    Hi!

Yes, I know that VHDL is a Descriptiopn Language, but I think that is posible to simulate de VHDL code without implementing in a real circuit. I mean, that you can execute VHDL code and obtain results just using the computer.

May be I am wrong and the idea I have is not posible, but I want to "include" or to use a VHDL code in a bigger Delphi code: translating VHDL language into Pascal (Delphi is an Object Pascal Language), like VHDL-2-Delphi; or accesing to VHDL code using DLL or sthing like this.

I want to model different circuits and electric machines, but I'll start with R, L,... and I don't know how to do it with Delphi, but yes with VHDL-AMS (a VHDL's branch or sepecific application language based in VHDL).

Thanks to two! ;)